Ace!Shoto Todoroki & Genderfluid! Bi!Reader (My Hero Academia) {Take The Hint}

So someone commented on another one of my post saying that they are genderfluid and bi so umm here's this! Probably gonna use this idea for my two other books~

Actually had to look up a lot more about being genderfluid and people's experience is with that, ect. so I'm so sorry if this isn't completely accurate, please let me if I did this correctly.

Summary: A fun coming out experience with a dash of chaos.

"Looks like we're gonna be here for awhile..." Shoto mumbles as the sea of red break lights covers the horizon. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize." (Y/n) smiles, "music?"

"Yeah sure." He nods, putting the car in park. He sighs and closes his eyes for a moment while (Y/n) searches for a specific song. 

The opening to the song "Sweater Weather" by The Neighbourhood starts to play in the car. 

They both start singing the opening lyrics as (Y/n) starts scrolling through the comment section. 

'All rise for the bi 💖💜💙 anthem' was the top comment. Even thought (Y/n) knew today was the day to come out, it was still a hard thing to do. Hearts pounding as the traffic starts to slowly move but it would still be awhile until Todoroki would have to shift the car back into drive.

When the song was over, Todoroki still had said anything and never looked over at his friends phone to see the comment section. (Y/n) was afraid of this, Todoroki always made sure to never look at his friends phone. He claimed it has saved him many times in the past.

(Y/n) mentally sighs and decides to try a different approach. This will be more direct, hopefully...

After all the other day someone said this song reminded them of being genderfluid, and I'm genderfluid so maybe he will get the hint...

Rebel Rebel by by David Bowie starts playing, "She's not sure if you're a boy or a girl" those lyrics hit Todoroki like a truck. He knows what is happening now. How are earth he was so blind, he isn't quite sure.

As the song ends, he decided not to say a word. Since the song before didn't aline with the last song. Then he had an idea, "do you know the song Girls/Girls/boys by Panic! At The Disco?" He asks.

"Umm yeah hold on I'll play it." (Y/n) mumbles, not sure if he was really understanding what was happening. (Y/n) waited until the chorus to play before screaming, "girls love girls and boys!"

Todoroki smiles and sings, "sophisticated and manipulated."

(Y/n)'s smiles grows bigger and feels overwhelmed with support, it was the best feeling. "And never did I think that I would be caught in the way you got me! But girls loves girls and boys! And love is not a choice!"

They continue to scream the song until the song is over. "Did you get it?" (Y/n) asks.

"That you're bi? Yes. But what was with the other song?" He asks, "like I know it's a flavor of trans, right?"

(Y/n) laughs and nods, "yes it is a 'flavor of trans'."

Todoroki does the slow nod, "please don't take this the wrong way because I really don't know the proper way to ask this..."

"It's okay I promise I won't get mad."

"What is your gender? Or what do you identify as? And what is the proper way to ask that? Because I know you are supposed to ask about pronouns but that song had me confused and-" He says without taking a breath, (Y/n) puts a hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay it's okay! In my opinion the best way to ask is what to you identify as and yes, you do need to ask what a person's pronouns are. I am genderfluid, and I use (insert the pronouns you use here). Other gdnerfluid people will use different pronouns so it is always best to ask." (Y/n) explains and smiles. "But I know you are very new to this so of course I won't take offense to it."

Todoroki nods, "thank you for explaining and I will use your pronouns. I am so sorry for all the times I mess up, feel free to punch me every time I do."

(Y/n) laughs, "there's no need for that. I just wanted to show you a bit of my culture."

"Oh then I should show you some of mine..." He says and opens up the console.

(Y/n) is shocked as he pulls out a dragon figurine and a slice of cake. "This is my culure, we will take over the world one day." He says and takes a bite of asexual flag layered cake.

"Oh! It's the ace flag!" (Y/n) exclaims, "but wait why a dragon?"

"We all just like dragons, some how." 

"And the cake is supposed to show the flag..." 

"That and cake is better than sex." He says and takes another bite. "Ace culture truly is amazing."

(Y/n) nods in reply, "how long has that been in here?"

Todoroki stays silent, "you don't want to know..."

And that folks is my take on another way I thought of to come out to. A person on my x reader one shot book left a comment saying something like "I am genderfluid and bi" (yes, this is my way of not using pronouns, very cleaver I know, thank you for noticing.) and I wanted to create something that goes with that identity. This was all I could come up with. It's soooooooo much shorter than what I am used to doing but I hope you guys like it anyway~

LOVE YOU GUYS

And as always be gay do crimes, be trans throw hands