FtM! Bakugou Katsuki X Fem! Reader (My Hero Academia) {Paper Thin Walls}

Someone stop me from getting ideas from songs, please. It's killing my writers block and I may become too powerful.

Warning: homophobia and Bakugou being overwhelmed

Moving away from everything you know is hard. Even if it's for the best, all the 'what if's' still haunt anyone's mind. No matter how strong willed, or stubborn, the person is. Bakugou Katsuki is no exception.

University hasn't been treating him well so he fights back. Literally. He was luck enough to have a friend group back in high school but they've split up. Kirishima is just a half hour away so they still hang out from time to time. But that doesn't stop him from almost fist fighting multiple students on campus.

Part of it is those students refuse to respect him. They keep calling him all sorts of names, basically anything but a man. Literally anything but a man.

"Literally anything." Is muffled into a pillow in dorm room 48. Instead of giving into the rage, Bakugou has been bottling it up and walks away before he goes to far. Him and Kirishima still meet up three times a week to work out together, which helps Bakugou work through these emotions.

But there will always be these nights where all he needs is someone to talk to. For someone to just listen as he screams all his frustration out and paces the room. The one person who would do that for him is not apart of his life anymore. She's still here, in fact she's in the room next door. In a few of the same classes too.

They've made awkward eye contact a few time in said classes. Hell she came around and introduced herself to everyone on their floor and just casually said, "oh hey. I didn't know you picked this university. Well it's a good thing I won't be stuck with bad neighbors." Laughing all the uncomfortable silence away.

For the past few months she's been able to hear all the crying and muffled screams. Little by little it's been breaking her heart. He's the one who wanted to break up back in the last two months of high school.

It was sort of out of the blue. Sort of. However, no matter how many days or months pass, she will always care about him more than she should. More than she admitted to herself. Which lead her to this moment.

Rain began to pour outside their dorm building. The hallway light was bright as ever on this week day. As the day changes from Wednesday to Thursday, she knocks on his door. "Bakugou." She calls and knocks again. "Let me in."

"Fuck off." He responds and wipes away the tears harshly.

She chuckles and stops herself from making a joke Kaminari and Mina would have died at. "Just let me in."

Bakugou doesn't get what she could possible want at this time of night. They haven't spoken in months, but the glances she always gave him whenever they bumped into each other...

He opens the door and walks back in, letting her walk in if she chooses to. The only light source in the room was his desk lamp, which wasn't giving out much light. She closes the door and leans against it while he sits on his bed.

Some things never change about him; that one band poster had made the trip from his house onto the wall above his desk. As well as the only pillow he will ever sleep on. The way he sits whenever he's upset is the same too.

"What do you need?" He asks, wondering why she closed the door. Could she tell he was just crying?

"It's more like, what do you need Bakugou." She says and he hates it. She used to call him by his chosen name back when they were dating. Maybe she thinks it's too personal now? Or that it makes them feel too close?

"The hell are you getting at?" He's getting aggravated now, "just spit it out and leave."

She sighs and pushes off the door. "I can hear you crying you know. Every night when I'm just about to fall asleep."

"Sorry I'll keep it down." He says as he eyes stare at the floor.

"You never change huh." She huffs and moves to stand right in front of him. "Look at me."

"For what?" He does what she demands. "What are you here for? Just to piss me off?"

She holds back from touching him. At the moment it's too much of a gamble. One on hand it could calm him down completely and they could talk things through. On the other, it's a one way ticket to a screaming match. 

"I still care about you. More than an ex-girlfriend should. Every night I hear you cry I just want to run to help you. Guess I couldn't take it tonight."

"Oh." Was the only noise Bakugou made.

She tries kneels down but Bakugou grabs her arm. "Sit on the bed, it's fine." So she does.

The rain continues to pour outside, "so uh what do you want then?"

"Tell me what's wrong. All of it. I don't care what it's about."

He scratches the back of his head. "I mean it's the same shit but worse now. Back in high school everyone in our class respect me, you know. Said every word in English you could call a man. Never anything else. I knew I wouldn't get the same treatment anywhere else but damn couldn't they let up now."

A few tears fell from his eyes, "like I get you, you've won. You made my life much worse with adjusting to everything so just fucking stop already." He covers his face with his heads and begins to cry. 

She wraps her arms around him, pulling him onto her chest. His head resting on her shoulder. "I should have never said anything. Telling everyone I was a man is a mistake."

"No it's not."

"It is if it means I get treated this way. I could handle all the whispers a few months ago because I had you guys by my side. I know you try to stick up for me too. But that's only been making it worse."

"But you've still made some friends here yeah? Those other students we competed against back in high school. I know they respect you like we do."

"Yeah I just missed how close we all got. Our whole class became friends, isn't that out of the ordinary?" He wraps his arms tightly around her torso and pushes her back against the bed. His face now resting in the crook of her neck.

She adjusts one of her arms to be messing with his hair. "Thank you for putting up with me like you always did."

"I always will." She corrects, "even now that we've broken up I'll still be here for you. I mean it." The rain starts to slow down into a steady pace, lulling Bakugou to sleep. He didn't mean to; his eyes just couldn't resist closing. Not that she mind, just adjusted them to a more comfortable position and concluded that she would be spending the night here.

She wonders what their relationship would be like from now on. Deep down her feelings haven't faded away in the slightest. But she is painfully aware that he needs his space right now and time to figure everything out for himself.

She could wait though. As long as he's in her life some how, at the moment, that's all she wanted. As a boyfriend or just a friend, she would get over her romantic feelings eventually. For now, she's just happy Bakugou was calm and getting some sleep. And so, her eyes came to the same fate as his. With the gentle rain lulling them to sleep.

Yeah.

Alright cool see you later.