Chapter 26

Chapter 26
How could I be so stupid?! My mind was racing, I can't believe I left Harley alone! They took her when I could have been there to protect her! The city was quieter than usual, I was perched up on the edge of Wayne Industries staring into Gotham.
"Selina, think we found them." Barbara's voice tore me away from my thoughts. I pressed the earpiece she had me, but before I could talk Dick's voice came in,
"We're sending the location to your phone."
"Where's Bruce?"
"He's occupied with the GCPD, escorting Penguin and Two Face to their rightful cells." A ping sounded, and I quickly snatched my phone from its holder. "Batman said to wait, he doesn't want you going alone."
"Tell him, I'm sorry." I pulled out the earpiece I had on, and broke it before she could respond. Just hold on a little longer ladies. A deep breath, and I was off.
~
"-And to prove you're mine... you and I are going to kill the tree hugger - together!" If looks could kill, that bastard would have been dead by now. I saw the look of horror cross Harleys face, she was shaking her head furiously now.
"I would never!" The Joker rolled his eyes, backhanding the blonde as she reached for her reddening cheek.
"Oh but you will." He took a step in my direction now, pulling out a gun from his jacket and placing it down on the small table that was beside me. "Or watch me kill her, as you stand there. Helpless."
~
I heard a scream echo not far from my position, Bruce was calling my phone nonstop since I gone quiet. Flicking my phone to silent, I followed the screams and came across a boarded window that was on ground level. The yelling was coming from inside, and it sounded like Harley. A sick, twisted laugh rang in my ears after and my blood went cold. The Joker.
I kicked at the wood, multiple times before hearing it crack. Crouching down, I saw that Harley was on her knees, pleading for the Joker to not harm Ivy. I tried to rip more of the cardboard off to get a better view, but I soon regretted it when I saw Ivy. She looked like complete shit! Her long luscious hair was cut haphazardly, her body was heavily bruised, and she looked paler than ever before! After a few minutes, the bastard had left, assuming not for long though, I called to Harley. She perked up, running to the window as she reached out to me. I smiled, grabbing her hand "Harls, you're okay."
"Kitty! I'm so happy you found me! You have to hurry, Ivy is hurt bad! She may not make it in the next few hours Selina!" I was trying to reassure the blonde, giving a slight squeeze to her hand.
"Pammy is tough, she'll make it." I peeked behind her, glancing at Ivy once more. The anger I felt, I had to push it down or else I would end up being blinded by rage. I needed to think clearly. "Try to stall for as long as you can until I can get inside, okay? Take this, in case things get nastier than they already are." She nodded furiously, and I hesitantly stood up.
Isley you better not die on us!
~
After Selina had left, I scurried back to Reds side, holding her hand as she was fighting to stay conscious. "Harley..." She coughed, her gaze on me now. Oh Pammy! It drove me crazy that I couldn't do anything to ease her pain! I could see the struggle it was just to turn her head to look at me.
"Pam-a-lamb, shush. You're too weak to do anything." She gave a faint smile.
"You mean everything, to me. Don't let this bastard, get into, your head." Ivy paused for a minute, taking deep breaths "Even if I die, just promise me..."
"No, don't talk like that! You're going to make it, we're going to live happily ever after in a house away from everyone and everything. With Bud and Lou, and all your beautiful plants. I mean who else would put up with me?" My voice was sounding shaky "I want to wake up with you by my side... without you, I wouldn't wanna keep going." I whispered to an unconscious Ivy, placing a gentle kiss to her head. The Joker walked in, tutting as he saw me.
"Why are you such a hard headed girl?!" Joker took a step with every word until he was in front of me, his hand going for my throat and squeezing as hard as he could. He bought me to my knees, my lungs struggling to get air. I glanced over at Ivy's body and felt a surge of anger washed over me like never before.
I was done...
Done with Joker abusing me, done with him hurting everyone I cared for and loved! But most of all... I was done with him treating me as a possession.