Chapter 21

Chapter 21
With every scream that left Pammy's lips the world seemed to slow more and more and my heart started pounding harder and harder. I don't recall what left my mouth as I screamed at the Joker but I do remember Selina's hands keeping me back.
"Red! Hang in there! I'll save you even if it's the last thing I do!"
I saw the effect my words had on the Joker and he took out the rage on Ivy, only serving to make me angrier. After Selina threatened him he just spat on Ivy in response and the image turned to static. My blood was rushing in my ears now as I just stared with wide blue eyes at the floor. I couldn't move, I couldn't hear what Catwoman was saying to me the only thing I could process was the image of the Joker taking that scalpel to Red's skin.
"Harl..."
"I'm gonna kill 'im," the whispered words were barely audible but with Selina's keen hearing I knew she understood me.
"Harley don't do anything stupid now, we need to-"
"I'm gonna kill the bastad!"
I saw Selina flinch as the yell erupted from my throat and I basically threw a tantrum on the monitor with my bat. When it was nothing but a smoking heap on the floor I finally stopped, my shoulders rising and falling as I tried to catch my breath.
"Did that honestly make you feel any better," I heard the feline mutter.
"Go find Two-Face and see what he knows," I said, fixing her with a cold stare.
"Um, okay but where the hell are you gonna go?"
"I think I owe Pengy a visit."
"Harley I don't think that's the best idea," Selina argued, following me out of the greenhouse.
I spun on her, "Don't make me sock ya in the face again, kitty. Now either help me or get outta my way."
I saw a weird look pass over Selina's eyes but she nodded. As we made the drive into Gotham I checked my pistol, making sure it was fully loaded, my mind wandering as I did so.
2 Days Before the Explosion...
"Harleen I just don't understand why you keep going back to him!"
My bottom lip stuck out in a pout as I refused to meet her gaze. This happened every time; the Joker would hurt me, I'd run to to Ivy's welcoming arms just to turn around and go back to the Clown Prince of Crime. This time though Ivy was more upset than usual, I had come to her in pretty bad shape.
"He didn't mean it, he never means it. He said he loves me, I know he meant this time Red," I said glancing at her, though I don't know if I was trying to convince Ivy, or myself.
"Harley for Christ's sake he pushed you in front of a speeding car," Red snapped, slamming her hand down on the counter.
I remained silent, sniffling slightly, what little sanity was left was telling me that she was right, Ivy has been right since day one.
"You don't need him and his idea of 'love'! Because I lo-"
Abrupt silence...
I looked up to see Pamela with her back turned to me. Had she been about to say what I think she was?
"Red..."
"If going back is really what you want Harley then go back," she said so quietly I almost didn't hear her.
"I... I'll tell him... we're through," I said, trying my best to steel my nerves....
My attention snapped back to the present as I felt the car slow to a stop. Holstering my pistol I climbed from the car and turned to look at Selina.
"Let me know if Two-Face tells ya anythin' worth our time."
"Just be careful, Harls," Selina said before driving away, leaving me out front of the Iceberg Lounge.
Striding up to the entrance I was met with 2 armed guards. The pig headed men looked me up and down with hungry gazes.
"Damn did the boss hire one of those strippers that dress up villains again? Here I thought the Poison Ivy one was my favorite but da- AGH! You bitch!"
The comment rubbed me wrong, way wrong. It angered me enough that I had full on kicked the guy in the balls before smashing his face in with a balled fist. The other guard just looked at me surprised and then recovered drawing his pistol.
"What the hell lady?!"
"Take me to Cobblepot now, bub if ya know what's good for ya!"
I had drawn my own pistol now as well, aiming the barrel right down his nose. He led me inside and I shivered slightly from the cold, but I shrugged it off. I had a job to do here.
"Jesus, Quinn. Way to make an entrance, my guy out front won't be able to have kids after that one," the Penguin was chortling to himself as I came before him.
I just frowned at him, glancing around to see how many people were there this time around. More than the last time - those odds actually made me grin in a twisted manner.
"What are you grinning about?"
"I want ansuhs Pengy, an' I want em now," I said putting my hand on my hip and eyeing him threateningly.
"You come in here demanding answers! The last time you were here you stole from me and- you know what no, get her boys. I wanna teach her some manners," the Penguin growled.
"I wouldn't if I was you."
Everyone in the room froze when I pulled a vial from my belt and held it up in clear view between my thumb and forefinger.
"W-What is that," Cobblepot asked, trying to mask his sudden discomfort.
"I think ya know jus' what it is, Pengy."
"Crane's toxin..."
"Bingo, we gots ourselves a winna' folks!"
I made my move, I lunged forward between several guards knowing full well none of them would try to grab or drop me in fear of me dropping Crane's toxin. The Penguin let out a startled cry when I slammed my heeled boot right between his thighs and pushed hard.
"Where is he?!"
"Where's who," Cobblepot choked out, trying not to squirm underneath me.
"Wrong ansuh! If I smash this it'll explode into a gas, infectin' everyone in this lounge!"
I twisted my heel and held the vial up as if I was going to throw it.
"You won't really do it!"
Now I froze, meeting the little fat man's ugly beady gaze. Over the past few weeks of battling the toxin my sanity had started slipping more and more and the tantrum down in the lab of the greenhouse had been that sanity finally snapping. Harleen Quinzel was not currently present, Harley Quinn had come out to play. I knew by the look the Penguin was now giving me that he knew this.
"I gots nothin' tuh lose Pengy," I hissed, getting in his face and twisting my heel hard again.
He cried out in pain again before finally agreeing to talk.
"Okay okay fine you crazy bitch I'll talk!"
"That's more like it."
"I don't know where the Joker is but I can give you Crane at least," he growled through his teeth.
The Penguin wrote down an address and I tucked it into my corset giving him a frown. I removed my heel from his unmentionables but pulled my pistol faster than he could react and shot in him the knee.
"Don' even think of warnin' him that I'm comin' afta 'im. Or do I need to put a bullet between ya legs tuh get my point across," I snapped over his howling.
"No please! Just get the hell out of here!"
I strode from the Iceberg Lounge twirling my bat as I went. Being crazy again felt almost freeing after the months of being a 'good girl' as Two-Face had so kindly put it. I wasn't planning on waiting for Selina, I was just going to rush to Crane's hiding place and getting him to spill his guts like Penguin had-
"Stop right there Quinn."
I groaned turning around to see the former boy wonder squared up.
"Oh if it isn't Nitwit, how ya doin' boy wunda'?" I asked with an innocent smile.
"It's Nightwing," he grumbled before adding, "Weren't you told to stay home? We're working on finding Ivy."
"No offense, Nightfly but I'm an independent woman who don' need ya help!"
I rushed him with my bat, knowing I needed to just get this over with and fast. Every second wasted was a second too late to help Ivy. He easily knocked my bat out of my grasp so it was all hand to hand now.
"Jus' get outta my way, Nightbrat! I gotta save Ivy!"
"It's Nightwi- oh forget it," he mumbled, dodging a punch and knocking my feet out from under me.
"That's enough Quinn, I'm taking you to Batma-"
Crack!
I stared in surprise as my bat crashed down across the back of Nightwing's skull, knocking him out cold. Catwoman stood over him with a smirk.
"You weren't thinking of leaving without me were you?"