Chapter 16

Ivy's POV

I spent my week just recovering. I was mostly moving up and down the greenhouse, the boys trailing behind me as I asked them every few minutes to grab something for me. Being a botanist really paid off. Sure my shoulder isn't fully healed, but applying catnip kept it from bleeding while I was moving it around. Each day that past I kept pushing it, lifting my right arm up as high as I could before yelping in pain. Bud began whining and I pushed him away.
"I'm okay." I huffed out. Luo was covering his face, I guess he didn't like seeing me like this and I don't blame him. I can't even drive correctly! I had to take it slow since I had only the left arm that could make those painful turns. Taking in a deep breath I lifted my arm up, making it as straight as possible. Clenching my teeth I finally put it down after a minute. A liquid like substance was felt running down my side, and I seen the bullet hole open once more. I cursed inward and saw the hyenas scurry around, grabbing, rolling and dragging a few bandages, bottles and little boxes. I smiled slightly, thanking them as I cleaned up and wrapped my shoulder once more with non bloodied bandages.
"At least there's progress, right?" A slight howl was my response and I laughed. "Oh wait! I need to get ready! Harleen's waiting for me." My heart skipped a beat as I said her name. With a bit of joy in my walk I went to shower.
I was woken up by screaming and crying. I shot up in the bed, seeing Harley who had her back against the wall being hysterical! I jumped out of bed and placed my hands on her shoulders.
"Get away!" She yelled and I held her tight, shushing the blonde.
"Harleen, it's me. It's Pamela, calm down daffodil." I spoke, my voice sounding a little rough as I tried to push the sleep away. The former jester began breathing heavily, shaking in my arms. She looked up to me and cried even harder.
"P-pammy. He was here!"
"He? He who?"
"Puddin..." She whispered. I froze slightly and made her look up to me. She looked terrified, eyes wild and I pulled her and sat her down.
"Harleen. Tell me what is going on with you? This isn't the first time something like this happened!" Harley just looked down, not meeting my gaze at all. And I was becoming a little agitated because I want answers! I want to know what is wrong with my little jester! "Harleen Quinzel. What is bothering you? I know something is wrong." I cupped her face and rubbed my thumbs across her cheeks, wiping away her tears.
"I've just... Been under a lot of stress. It's getting to me I guess." She sounded weak and I went on my knees, pulling her close and hugging her. My head rested on her breast, placing my free hand on the middle of her back.
"Okay daffodil. Whatever you say." I sighed. Knowing she's not telling me the truth, but it seemed like I couldn't get her to spill. I just left it alone. But if this happened again I am not holding my tongue any longer.
I lifted my head up and seen blues eyes staring down at me. I bit my bottom lip, looking away slightly. But Harley refused to have me look away. She grabbed my chin with her thumb and index finger, our eyes connected, and she leaned down to kiss me. It was desperate, needing. I slowly came to my feet, our lips never parting as she moved back onto the bed and I climbed on top of her. I still felt the fear inside of her, and it made me frown. I pulled away, sitting up as I thought for a moment.
"What's wrong Red?" She mumbled.
"Harley... I want you to do a few things." I glanced at the time. It was close to 5 o'clock in the morning. And her roommate hasn't came home yet, so I think I'll have most of the day to ease Harley's mind. "Come. You need to calm down. And I have an idea."
"Red you don't have to. You should rest, really. Your arm is still recovering and I don't want to cause any pain."
"Shush." She tried to protest but I just stood my ground with her, and she cave. Standing there, waiting. "Come on."
I had my feet in the water filled tub, Harley facing her back towards me as I rubbed her back. She was quiet as I hummed softly, and I could feel her relax slowly but surely. She leaned back, head resting on my thigh and I stopped. "Red... I should be taking care of you." Her voice sounded gentle and exhausted. I smiled at her and kissed her forehead.
"But at the moment I'm not in pain. I'm okay, and I want to make you feel better after that scene earlier."
"How about you get undress, and shower with me? That way I can clean your shoulder and change your bandages. Also you could use a little stretching." I blushed a bit, nodding because I couldn't form words at the moment. Harley stood, a few bubbles covering her body but not enough as she was mostly bare. The blonde pulled my shorts and panties off, tossing them aside. Next she helped me take off my shirt, leaving me bare in front of her. She grinned at me and pulled me up, closing the shower door before turning it on. I jumped slightly at the cool liquid that attacked my body "Sorry Red!" Harley laughed weakly, adjusting the water.
"It's okay Harls." The water felt warm and soothing, a small moan escaping my lips as I was enjoying the feeling. I felt hands on my hips, travelling up my back teasingly. Arching my brow, she kissed my neck, then my shoulder.
"Ready?" I bit down on my tongue, nodding. Pushing me up against the wall, she entangled our fingers and bought my arm up. Keeping her free hand on my chest to keep me straight up. I tried to hold it but my face told the blonde otherwise and my breathing quickened. "Shh. Try taking deep breaths. I'll keep it here. Just relax." I stared into her eyes, biting my lip I took deep shaky breaths. This was better progress than last time we tried this. I couldn't move my arm as much.
"Harleyyy" I groaned as she began moving it again, but the jester nuzzled her face into my neck. I could hear her breathing gently, and I just trusted her not to overdo it. She stopped, planting feathered kisses to my neck and jawline before bringing my arm down slowly but not dropping it completely.
"Ivy..." She whispered. And it sent shivers down my spine. I hadn't realize it before, but Harley had me pinned against the wall. One hand still entangled with my injured arm, the other resting beside my left side near my hip. Her right leg was in between my legs, and I gulped. The blonde looked into my eyes, and I was mesmerized. Our lips met fiercely, my left arm wrapped around her neck, and she began putting slight pressure against my core. Moaning into the kiss, I felt teeth gently bite and tug my bottom lip. Harley laughing a breathy laugh as she pressed her body against mine.
"You're enjoying yourself aren't you?" I half mumbled, half said.
"Well on bed you can fight for top..." She nibbled my earlobe slightly "But in here, not as much. Now it's my turn to have fun."
Harleen lifted her leg up more, and I bit my bottom lip, trying to hold in my moan but she pulled it out of me. I smiled at her and pushed back a bit, making us stand under the showerhead as water dripped down our bodies. I reached for the knob to change the water temperature, making it hotter to the point the shower doors were all foggy and the bathroom was misty. The blonde kissed me hard, licking my bottom lip for entry and my tongue was met with hers. The blonde pulled back, her lips trailing down my neck, chest, breast and stomach.
"Harleen... Is way more teasing I see." Hands cupped my breast and squeezed, and that adorable smile was still on the psychiatrist lips.
"Shush Pamela. There's only one sound I want to hear, understand?" I took in a quick breath, a low lengthy moan escaping as she pushed two fingers inside of me. "Good."
Harleen and I was cuddling in the living room on the couch. She was flicking through the channels, and the door was opened then closed. Rachel walked in and looked at us a bit in awe. "You two look so normal! And cute!" She squealed, and I rolled my eyes.
"Humans..." I groaned, and the blonde giggled before kissing my cheek affectionately.
"Be nice Pammy. For me? Please." She pleaded with puppy eyes and I just pulled her closer, my chin on her shoulder. "Is that a yes?"
"It's the closest you'll get to a yes daffodil." She shook her head and grabbed my hands, giving a quick squeeze. Rachel giggled as she walked into the guest room, closing the door behind her.
"Normal...? I actually liked how it sounded, don't you Red?"
"In a way. But I am far from normal."
"Well to me you're perfect." I felt slight heat rise to my cheeks, the psychiatrist looked back to me.
"So are you. I don't think there's anyone else I'd rather be with then you." We both were sitting normally, looking at each other and smiling. Harleen leaned slowly towards me and quickly tackled me onto the couch, back landing on the cushion as she kissed me. Laughing escaping us.
"Oh Red! We should do something today."
"Remember Harleen, you're not suppose to be seen with me." The blonde pouted and began chewing on her bottom lip.
"How about we play some games?"
"Nothing that involves two hands please."
"Oh, right. Forgot about that." She looked to my shoulder that smelt a bit like catnip. I had to rub a bit on my shoulder to stop the bleeding, and it worked so far.
"How about we cook something? I have a few things we can use." Getting off the couch I stood and walked to the room, grabbing my bag from the floor. I stood and seen a picture on the dresser. It was of me and her hyenas, and the only person I could think of who took this was Selina.
"Hey Red-" The blonde stopped behind me and saw what I was looking at.
"Was that little birdie Selina."
"Yep." She sighed, placing the photo down and leading me to the kitchen. I placed the small bag I managed to grab on top of the kitchen counter, taking out small bottles and feeling Harleen grab my waist as I was looking in the top shelves. She placed her head on my back, taking a deep breath. I bought my hand down and touched her hand.
"If you are tired, go rest while I cook. If you have any bad dreams. I'll be here." I felt her hand twitch and I knew she was scared to sleep. I turned to face her, and she was looking down at her feet.
"I'm fine Pammy." She mumbled. I grabbed her chin and made her look into my eyes.
"Go sleep while you can. You need it." I kissed her nose. "If you want, make yourself comfortable on the couch. Watch some tv." She hesitantly nodded, walking to the living room and sitting down on the couch. I looked over the counter to her and smiled before continuing in the kitchen.
Occasionally I checked up in her, seeing as she was fighting sleep I sighed. As I was halfway done with dinner, I glanced back and she was asleep. I was a bit happy she finally did, but part of me was hoping she didn't have another episode like before. As I finished, I heard a bit of shuffling and a soft noise behind me. Looking back I seen Harleen in moving around and I rushed to her side. The blonde was sweating!
"Harleen?" Her eyes clenched tighter in her sleep and I touched her shoulder. "Harleen!" I said a bit louder, and she jolted upwards, panting heavily. She looked to me and I arched my brow.
"P-pammy..." She breathed out.
"That's it daffodil. Tell me why you cannot sleep without waking up in a panic!" Then I thought suddenly "Does Scarecrow have anything to do with this..." And the psychiatrist looked like a deer caught in headlights.