Chapter 6

Ivy's POV

"Wow. Never thought I'd see you sleeping with muts." Rolling over slightly I glanced up at Selina who stood near the bed I slept on.
"Well Harley would kill me if I left them out in the streets." I slurred, rubbing the sleep from my eyes as I looked to my feet to find Bud there. Where's Luo? I glanced down and realized I was using him as a pillow. Too tired to care I just slowly sat up and stretched out.
"I always knew you had a soft spot for them. If only Harley could see this." She snickered before disappearing through the doorway. Hearing the shower turn on I decided to finally get up. What would have she said if she saw me sleeping with her babies? Maybe just squeal and hug me tight saying 'I knew you'd get along!' I felt the corner of my lips tug up, my eyesight getting slightly blurry as I took a deep breath. I did not need Selina walking in here to see me crying.
"C'mon boys, move." I groaned, sliding my feet from under Bud as I climbed out of bed. Selina was too busy sucking up all the hot water as always, with a roll of my eyes I knocked on the door before opening it. "Never knew a cat would love her bathe so much." She laughed quietly and turned off the shower, reaching for her towel.
"All yours now." I looked back to her and closed the door. Hopefully this shower would ease my mind. Perhaps I nice walk afterwards would be nice...
Long walks in the park was always one thing I loved. It was, I guess you can say my escape from mankind. And mother nature was always so comforting. Feeling the wind caress your skin, the beautiful sound of the trees rustling is so soothing. I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes, hoping everything would just disappear. But sadly it was just wishful thinking.
I opened my eyes the moment I heard an all too familiar voice flow through the wind. Turning, my gaze fell upon none other than the infamous bank robber, Harvey Dent. Or Two-Face. Depends on if he was nice or not. "Ah! Doctor Isley, what a pleasant surprise."
"What the hell do you want?" I crossed my arms, half wanting to slap that cocky half smile of his two faced self.
"I know you and the cat have been close friends of the late."
"And? So what?"
"She has stolen something of mine. And I want it back!"
"Well that's not my problem." I said before walking off, but he reached out and grabbed my wrist, pulling me back into him.
"Well I'm making it your problem Pamela." He gritted his teeth as I felt I was speaking to Two-Face now. Ripping my wrist from his grasp, I stepped back and glared at him.
"Who do you think you are?!" A vine wrapped itself around my left arm as I prepared myself, in case he'd get hostile. But he just pulled out his coin and flipped it. When I least suspected it he tried to pull out his gun, but he was too slow and I stepped back, throwing my vine at him. It wrapped around his face, and a random shot fired. The sound of his coin bounced on the floor as I  turned to run away, not wanting to attract much attention to myself.
Damned Harvey. I can't believe I've ran into him, and to add to it I've been hit by his damn revolver. Removing my top off slowly, I looked down at the small entrance hole where there was red liquid spilling down my right side. "Shit." Okay, let's pull out the damned thing and clean this mess up.
One. Two. Three. Quickly removing it, I bite down on my tongue trying to avoid a scream escaping. There was footsteps tapping against the floor, getting closer, I saw Selina at the door. She dropped what was in her arms and knelt down beside me. "What happened Ives?" She grabbed a rag and pressed it against my side, cleaning my wound up.
"Stupid Harvey." I mumbled, just watching as she bandaged me up. "This is your fault. What did you take from him?" The brunette looked down and gave me a half smile.
"Well... You know how me and Harvs are. Always fighting. He just had something that I wanted."
"When doesn't he..." I rolled my eyes as she was finishing up. Using the counter to lift myself up, I pushed passed her and made my way down to the bedroom. The cat not far behind me.
This would've never happened if Harley was here... Seeing Bud and Lou stare at me with concern, I heard soft whines come from them. "Look. I know I messed up. But I'll take care of it."
"Tough to believe someone like you Kyle." I turned around to look at her with my arms cross before continuing "You're lucky I don't throw you out! Now get out of my sight. Before I send the boys on you." Putting her arms up in surrender she stepped back.
"Fine. Fine. Have it your way." That was the last I heard before the door was opened and closed. I looked down at the bandage, sighing a bit. I think for the next few days I'll be staying inside. Maybe I can make something so it could heal faster? I stood up, quickly regretting it as my side yelled at me in pain. Okay, let's take this slow. It's not that far at least, but those stairs... It's gonna be a long night.
Hours later and I finally finished. Sitting on the couch I flicked through the channels, switching it to some cartoons so the hyenas wouldn't bug me. Picking up my book, I heard the kitchen window creak open and in came Catwoman. She gave a weak smile before leaning against the kitchen counter. "How you feeling?"
"I'm fine."
"Look, I'm sorry okay?"
"Sorry's not gonna make the gunshot go away."
"What else do you want me to say or do?"
"Not involve me into your problems." Pamela... Take a deep breath. And just read your book.
"Well shit, it's not my fault that happened to you." I ignored her, hearing the woman scoff behind me. "Oh now you're not gonna answer me?" God Selina, just go away. I didn't really want to deal with her at the moment. "Okay whatever. I'm going to sleep." Finally she's gone. I tried to focus on reading, and I was reading a few words before my mind drifted away. Everything went dark, and the last thing I remember was seeing Bud and Lou staring at the TV...
"Hey Red...?" I looked up at Harley's bruised face, my hands gently washing her back as I tried not to hurt her. Once again she was thrown out by the Joker, and being the 'kind' friend I am I took her in. Yet again.
"Yes Harley girl?" I whispered, washing off the soap from her bare back. The blonde looked up to me, smiling even though I knew she was in pain.
"Why are you always so good to me? I mean I screw up a lot, but you don't seem to care. You're just always there to save me. Why?" My heart jumped at the question as I pondered it myself. It was because I loved her. More than a friend. But I didn't want to ruin our friendship.
"Because... I care for you." I smiled and kissed her forehead before reaching for a towel. I wrapped it around her shoulders as she stood up and wrapped it properly around her body. My eyes wandered a bit and I felt my cheeks flush.
"But why do you care?" She kept probing and asking. Why was she so curious now?
"Look Harls," I started, the jester stepped out the tub and almost slipped back. Instinctively my arms reached forward and I pulled her close. Noticing how close we were, the words I was going to say fled my mind completely. Even all bruised up, Harley was beautiful.
Next thing I knew, our lips meet briefly.
"T-that was... Nice." Harley whispered when our lips separated. I seen that her cheeks were a light pink and I couldn't help but laugh.
"Let's... get you dressed, shall we?" After that kiss, it wasn't bought up for the rest of the night. Until we actually slept together though. I was curled up on the bed, almost fully asleep. But then arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me close. Looking back I seen Harley smile and she kissed me once more.
"So... Is that why you always take care of me?" I shrugged, a bit embarrassed to answer.
"How about more kissing and less talking? Sounds good?" I mumbled.
"Oh c'mon Red! I wanna hear you say it!" She whined, and before she could say anything else I just crushed my lips against hers. Pulling away as she was breathless.
"G'night Harleen."
Opening my eyes I looked around, lights were off, and a blanket was around me. Wincing in pain, I adjusted myself into a better position that didn't hurt so much.
It was only a dream... Of course Harley isn't here, she left me. That night I felt lonelier than ever. Hugging the blanket close to my chest I sighed softly and closed my eyes once more, fighting back tears. Maybe if I was lucky enough, I could stay asleep.