Chapter 8

Catwoman's POV

Laying down on Ivy's bed, I wondered what was running through her mind. She's been a bit sad ever since Harley left, and she's tried hiding it but I know better. I bet the little jester misses her just the same. Walking out of the room I saw Pamela had fallen asleep on the couch, the book she had resting on her chest. Deciding to be nice I grabbed a blanket and covered her, removing the book and placing it on the coffee table. After I finished, I grabbed the picture I had printed out earlier, folded it and placed it in my pocket. Making my way to the door I almost tripped over Harleys damned muts. Hissing at them as I opened the door quietly, trying to make sure I don't wake Ivy, I left.
I believe it's time to visit my doctor. I stretched out in front of the building, looking around at Gotham, seeing the streets become more lively by the second. But the sound of gunshots were echoing through the night, getting louder as whoever was shooting was getting closer. My eyes shot wide open as I saw Harleen, in flesh and blood, on a motorcycle with another female behind her. She was zooming down the streets, Penguin's thugs right behind her, that was until she shot the tires out. I couldn't believe she was here. In Gotham!
"What the hell is going on?" I whispered. I ran upstairs, quickly retrieving Ivy's keys as I made it for her car. Bringing the engine to life, I made my way straight to Metropolis. "Who was that girl? If Ivy finds out..." I trailed off. Knowing the tree hugger, she'd make Gotham her own personal garden. And not in a good way. Well... When is it ever in a good way?
I came to a slow stop, looking up at the building number. 385. Harleys building. Parking the car, I hopped out of the driver's seat and entered. "Okay, what's the quickest way to finding her apartment number..." Getting an idea, I looked over to the mailboxes, searching for a Quinzel Harleen. A grin spread across my lips as I made my way up the stairs, making a beeline straight to apartment 2P. My fisted hand banged on the door rapidly, but then I started slapping it furiously until the door opened. I almost slapped the person's head if I hadn't stopped.
"C-catwoman?" I heard the girl speak. Wasn't she the same girl that was riding behind Harley?
"It's Selina. Where's Harleen?" I pushed past her, looking around the small apartment. I saw a blonde woman from the corner of my eye, next thing I knew I had slapped whatever that was in her hand and pinned her down. "Hi there Harley."
"Selina?! What're doing here?" She stuttered out, and I simply stood up and took a look around.
"Nice place you got here." I tilted my head back to the brunette behind me. "And I see you have company. Who's the girl?"
"I'm Rachel ni-"
"I'm not talking to you. I specifically asked Harley." My gaze fell back to her, as Rachel shrunk under my glare. I stepped closer as Harleen got up herself, my fingers pushing a few stray strands behind her ear. "You know if Ivy sees this... We'd both be in deep shit right?"
"What?! You think I'm doing something with her? Oh nonono! You see what had happened was-" Ring ring.
"One second. Phone call." I held up my finger as I answered the call. "Oh, Bruce! Yes? I'll be there tonight. Mhm. Right after I finish helping Pamela. Okay, bye." I looked over to Harley, her brows were arched slightly. "What? We know how to keep our social lives separated from our criminal/vigilante lives." 
"Whatever you say Selina. But I am not doing anything with the girl, Penguin took me captive, I took a hostage, and I escaped." Harleen shrugged slightly, sitting down on a chair that was not far behind her.
"Let's just hope Pamela doesn't hear of this. Or it's both of our heads!" I paused, pulling out a photo and tossing it at her. "Well see you around hon." I waved slightly and walked out as the door was left hanging open, and little 'ol me was heading home.
"Hey Pammy I-" Dropping down I looked behind me as an empty pot was shattered against the wall. Shit. "What was that for?!"
"Do you know what I seen on the television today?" Uh oh. Please tell me she didn't see "Harley was here! In Gotham" Oh yeah... She did. I should message Bruce. But if I even attempt to, I'd most likely be in a viney prison with an angry Ivy glaring at me most of the night. "And she was with a-a... A fucking harlot!" Another crashing sound.
"Ives, please. Calm down." Vines had wrapped around my ankles and pulled me up to the ceiling, my hand hitting the floor in the process. Gee Ivy... A little gentler please. But it's not like I'd actually say that out loud right now.
"Calm down? Oh, okay." I sighed in relief but oh boy that sigh was cut short when she threw me out the window. Ivy climbed out the now shattered window, her plants making a little staircase as she made her way down. I just decided to lay on the floor, looking up at the angered woman. "How do you expect me to calm down? Huh?" We were in the middle of the street, and a car began honking its horn at us.
"Oh the poor bastard..." I whispered, and not to my surprise, huge vines wrapped around the metal contraption and crushed it. The man was lucky enough to had scrambled out of there alive. "Pamela, Pammy, hey." Bright green eyes stared back to me, I could have sworn she turned me to stone under that gaze. Finally finding the words I took a deep breath "It's all a misunderstanding."
"How would you know?"
"Well... I just do." Shit. If I tell her I went to visit Harley without her, I'd be food for Ivy's plants. Next thing I knew there was a weeping Ivy in front of me. Quickly standing up I didn't know whether to hug her or do anything, so I held her and she sobbed on my shoulder. "Ivy... This is kinda awkward, what if someone sees us? Can we um go inside at least?" The redhead pulled away, walking inside as she seemed to have stopped crying. Should I feel scared? Cause I sure as hell do. Following after her, I was messaging Bruce at the same time about my little... 'situation'.
"You'd never seen that whatsoever. If I hear it spill from your lips!" Ivy turned on me quickly making me bump into her with confusion "I will make your life a living hell!" With my hands up I nodded. Boy was she scary like this. Ivy had turned back around and continued her course to her apartment.
"What a day..." I huffed out. Right now I just wanted to shower and sleep. My back is killing me! Falling from the fourth floor onto the street? Yeah, probably lost a life there. Maybe two. Doesn't matter, that shower is calling my name.
After taking a much needed shower I looked around to find no Ivy, or no muts? "Pamela? Pammy?" I looked in the kitchen. Nothing. Her bedroom. Nothing again. I closed my eyes and tilted my head listening carefully. There was a soft noise echoing upstairs, was Ivy on the roof? As I got closer, the sound became more clear, like soft sobs could be heard from her. Going up to the sixth floor I seen a room with vines and flowers spilling from it. That's Ivy for sure. "Pammy..." I whispered, following the trail of vines, I saw the redhead sitting on the floor and wiping away her tears.
"How did you know I was up here?"
"Well for starters I am a cat, so I heard you." Ivy rolled her eyes, I think more to herself for forgetting that.
"Well then can you just leave me alone."
"Ives. I'm not use to seeing you like this, in fact it scares me to see this. I'm use to the redheaded bitch that I've grown to deal with." The plant woman stared at me, flipping me off as she did so. "See? That right there is what I'm talking about. So stop crying, get up, and let's go steal something!" I reached down and pulled her up.
"You're right..." She mumbled, pushing me back slightly. "Let's go. I have something in mind that I've been wanting for a very long time." I arched a brow at that and just decided to follow her. Well at least she had stopped crying. Am I right?
But I slowly realized as I driving, was that Ivy was breaking more and more by the second without Harley here. By her side. I guess the fact that Harleen preferred a normal life over being with Ivy struck her hard. And I don't know how much longer this woman could take in that depression. Cause that's gonna slowly drive me up the walls! I should've went with Bruce tonight. But leaving her alone might not be the brightest ideas. Well... Maybe next time Bruce.