Chapter 4

Ivy's POV

Nothing felt better than jewelry. A big beautiful diamond resting around a girl's neck. Or that's what Selina said. I prefered a rare beautiful plant. Mother nature is always best anyways. Watering a few new plants that I have acquired in our thieving adventure, my eyes fell onto Catwoman. Laying on a pile of jewels that she snuggled and cuddled with. It was like giving a cat catnip. To be honest I missed working with someone. Having a partner in crime. But I wish it was a certain blonde woman instead at my side.
"That makes eleven, Ivy." The thief grinned like the chesire cat, eyeing an emerald, she sat up and looked over to me.
"I remember when me and Harley first started" I trailed off, memories flooding into my mind as a slight smile pulled at my lips. Shaking it away so Selina won't notice, I fully faced her. "Wanna see if we made it in the headlines today?" I asked before walking over to the tv that was placed on a small table.
"If we didn't I'd wanna know who outdone us." She scrambled to her feet and made her way to the couch as I turned on the device.
"Good evening Gotham, Vicki Vale here, and I'm bringing you news of the new dynamic duo Poison Ivy and Catwoman." I heard a small laugh from Selina but I decided to ignore it rather than comment. "Recently the two criminals had been on a small 'shopping' spree, stealing all over Gotham and even a small part of Metropolis! The duo had taken over a million in jewelry, and a few rare and endangered plants from the Gardens!"
"Well, aren't we the famous ones." Clasping my hands together I thought for a moment. "Gee, surprising that Batman didn't show."
"I may have... Knew that he'd be busy with Harvey as we went on our thieving adventure" She laughed, trying to contain it with a smile.
"You two can never play nice, can you."
"Hey, just because you and I can play nice doesn't mean I have to do so with all the others. You? I can deal with. 'Cause you won't kill me since I'm Harley's friend."
"I can make up a lie on what happened to you. Like 'Oh! Harvey got her! I tried to save her but was too late!' Maybe that'll work." I shrugged before pushing Selina's feet from the coffee table. "And what did I say about your feet?" The cat woman just simply shrugged. She could have at least showed a bit of respect. Lucky I don't throw her out. But she has been cooperative and helpful, and it was good to have a bit of company. Even if it was someone I least suspected...
The Tacca Chantrieri. Such a beauty, and soon it will be mine. I slowly lifted up the glass case and slid the small pot off the stand, replacing it with something equally as weighted. Smiling as I couldn't help but feel a bit giddy, I placed it gently in a small case I carried with me. It would be so much better in my hands then in the hands of mankind. Making sure it was secured and in no sign of danger I made my way out of the room and searched for Selina. She came here to steal a diamond that was in the shape of a teardrop. It's worth a fortune and being the jewelry thief that she was, she wanted it.
Suddenly the alarms started blaring and out came Catwoman from a room not far from me, running up to my side. "Did you set off the alarm!?"
"Oh yeah, after all the times we've stolen something now I decide to set the alarms off." She rolled her eyes as the sarcasm dripped from her tongue. She tapped my arm and tilted her head back. "Let's go."
"I wanna know who is the idiot who set off the alarm." I mumbled before following after her, seeing that she already had the diamond so of course she must be telling the truth. Maybe. We ran up the stairs and was soon greeted by a few of Penguin's thugs, well at least we know who set the alarm off. Quickly we knocked them out as we continued our way up the building "What does Penguin want with this museum?"
"Don't know. Maybe they have some exotic fish here or something."
"Think you need to work on mocking people."
"How about we get out of here first then you can criticize me." I shook my head before walking off as she took a deep breath, we watched as the GCPD had already made their way into the building. Oh great, just what we needed. Peeking through the window I rubbed my temples.
"Okay. We really need to go now." I said, looking for the exit way we agreed on using. Pushing open the window I looked down and saw a tube leading down to the ground. Pulling out some seeds, I dropped them down and looked back to Catwoman.
"This is crazy."
"Well we could always go through Penguin and the GCPD." I jumped out and fell straight into the tube. Looking up I saw her jump right behind me. Trusting in mother nature, I fell right into a leaf, regretting that I jumped first as I soon felt a body land on top of me. Grunting in a bit of pain I pushed her off and glared.
"Sorry Pammy." She grumbled, rolling off the leaf and on her feet. Doing the same, we made it to the car and drove off. I felt pain rising in my back as I couldn't sit back, so I let Catwoman drive.
"I think you need to lose some weight there Selina." I almost had laughed as she looked at me with her face scrunched up and I just simply shrugged.
"No I don't!" She shot back
"Well my back disagrees..." Checking the plant, I sighed in relief seeing that it was unharmed. I hugged it close to my chest as we made our way back to the hideout.
"Shh... Momma's here." I whispered, watering the tacca chantrieri, my hands slowly reached out and feathered over the petals as I heard it speak to me. Selina stood leaning against the doorframe, watching me "What is it?"
"You are such a big tree hugger." She mentioned before trudging over to a chair and sitting down, pulling out the diamond she stole. "Now this is a real beauty." She eyed the jewel like candy, and I could have sworn she had a spark in her eyes.
"Mother nature will always be the most beautiful thing in world. But..." Facing her I stared at the diamond with an arched brow "we all have different opinions." I rubbed my nose, thinking a bit. It's been awhile since I last visited Harleen. I wonder how she's been.
"Um, you okay there?" Looking up, I realized I was staring at Selina. Shaking my head I took a step back and closed my eyes.
"Yeah. I'm fine. Think I'll take a walk." I had clipped my hair up, letting part of it hang loosely in my face as I looked at the flower in my red locks. Grabbing the knob I had left without any more words.
"Harleen... I freaking miss you so much. It's ridiculous!" I almost screamed out, but bite back my tongue. It feels a bit empty without the jester running around all crazy like. My bare feet slapped against the pavement as I was lost in thought, but there was more footsteps following mine. Turning the corner I bumped into a rather blocky figure who grabbed my arms and pushed me up against the wall.
"Well well! Look who we have here boys." I felt hot breath against my skin, and disgust filled me. "It's little miss Ivy all alone."
"Look 'boys' you better go about your night before you regret it." My voice sounded a bit more rougher than usual, and next thing I knew I was thrown on the floor, surrounded.
"No one's gonna help ya Poison Ivy." Shit, why must this happen now? Pushing myself up I heard growling behind me, and looked back to see two men get tackled down by hounds. Taking the opportunity I managed to slipped my vines around one, tossing him back and connecting my fist to the others face. When he was down I kicked him in the gut and rolled my eyes, smiling as the man who did all the talking backed away.
"Bud. Luo. He doesn't seem to know any manners and respect for woman." Glancing down I felt a bit of comfort seeing Harley's babies by my side. "Mind teaching him some manners?" With that being said, Bud leaped up and bought the man down as Luo ravaged his arm.
"I'm sorry! Please call them off!"
"Time to go home." I spoke softly. Turning my back to them, I walked away, soon hearing claws tap the floor behind me. "You boys aren't so bad after all."
Sitting down at a park bench, my hand lazily petting one of the hyenas as I talked to them "You miss your momma, don't ya?" A soft whine was heard and that made me frown. "I do too..." Bud nudged the hand that rested on the bench and looked up at me. "Wanna come home with me? I don't think Harley would forgive me if I leave you two by yourselves, now would she?"
All I remembered on the way home was getting lots of slobbery kisses, and surprisingly not minding them as much as before.