chapter forty nine

YOUR POV:

When we made it back to campus, Chloe went to the bathroom real quick before we left. I had planned to go to the art museum since I knew she loved looking at all that, then maybe grab a bite to eat before walking along the beach that was a mile outside of town. I was nervous, I couldn't stop picking the skin around my thumbs or tapping my leg up and down.

"Hey sexy." Chloe grinned, kissing me deeply before I opened her door to the cherry red Camaro and she hopped in. I got in the driver's seat and started the engine. The ginger connected her aux and 'girl in red' started playing softly through the speakers.

"So where are we going?" Chloe asked.

I glanced at her, "That's a surprise, red."

Chloe jutted out her bottom lip in a pout and I gave her my full attention when we stopped at a red light. I traced her bottom lip with my thumb, thinking about some things that were a little R rated. The ginger caught me off guard, turning my tummy in a full 360 when she wrapped her plump and soft lips around my thumb and sucked on it a few times. My eyes darkened, dazed and zoned in on her lips. She pulled back till her lips were kissing the pad of my thumb, leaving some of her lipstick on my skin.

"Not even a little hint?" She batted her eyelashes.

My eyes snapped back on the road when the car behind me honked and I pressed the gas at the green light. I dropped my hand down on her thigh and squeezed her exposed skin, feeling her nails lightly trace the veins and the different tats on my skin.

"It's a surprise." I squeezed the steering wheel a little, trying not to let the plans slip just because she made me feel some type of way. I had to play it cool, I had to also get rid of this boner. From the corner of my eye I could see the acapella singer smirk, most likely more than happy with how she was making me feel.

We made it to the art museum and I parked, getting out of the car once my boner was gone. I opened Chloe's door for her and she thanked me with a kiss on the cheek, intertwining our hands. The ginger gasped when we entered the building. It was very nice and elegant here with the way everything was set up. The lighting was amazing, really accentuating the murals on the domed ceiling.

"This place is incredible." Chloe gasped, her light blue eyes sparkling under the fluorescents and the smile never wavered from her face.

The woman grabbed my hand and dragged me to every display they had. We walked around and looked at some abstract art, her light blue eyes looking at the piece with so much openness as if she wanted to soak and take in every detail she could. She would look at the name and author of the piece, as well as read the small description about it. It was cute when her head would tilt to the side as if trying to see it from an angle that nobody has.

Wandering around some more hand in hand, we found a statue of a naked woman. Her body was sculpted to make her meditate, arms flexed at the sides and legs crisscross applesauce. The detail was phenomenal from the sharpness of her cheekbones to the muscle indents on her calves from the position they were bent in.

There was a crack on her belly that traveled up the valley of her breasts and stopped at her heart. There were a few other lines on her belly that ultimately connected to the main line. Inside it looked as if it were glowing a very bright orange.

"Can I tell you something?" Chloe asked softly.

I hummed, "You can tell me anything."

"When we broke up, I went over to Tyler's apartment and we painted. It was calming and it was sad and it was all these things. But I picked up the brush and just let it guide me. I ended up painting a woman whose eyes were off white and her silhouette black. Her stomach had a large gaping hole and blood was pouring out and her hands... they were flying down to try and keep it all together."