Chapter 1

"Alright, and I'll have that ready for you on Thursday." I smile, placing the order slip into the pile.

"Thank you, sweetheart. I'm sorry it's a bit last minute." Mr. Garcia apologized.

"Don't worry about it! You've been coming here since I opened, Mr. Garcia. It's the least I can do." I beamed. It's not last minute, but to him it is. I've known him long enough to know there is no point in arguing with him.

"You're a dear, you know that?"

I chuckle and walk outside with him, he gives me a quick side hug before we exchange 'good-byes' and he starts down the sidewalk, giving me one last little wave. With a smile on my face, I walk back into the shop. Sliding onto one of the stools behind the check-out counter, I open my laptop and start working on the schedule for next week.

I'm focused heavily on the screen before me, until I hear the door chime, which causes me to lift my head. There is a tall man dressed in all black with a large bird tattoo on his neck. I give him a smile as I slip off the stool, "Hi there! How are you?"

Without taking his eyes off the organized flowers on the wall he answers, "Fine, you?"

"I'm good! Is there anything I can help you with today?" I ask, walking around the check-out area to stand near him.

"I'm looking to send some flowers to someone, is this like a make-your-own?" he asked as he gestured to the wall.

"It can be if that's what you want to do. I like giving people the option to make their own, but I can always make it, if you want." I give a little shrug. 

"This is your place?"

"Yep, I opened it about five years ago." I gleamed.

"Business good?" he asks, looking around the empty shop.

"Uh, yeah, I would say so. Luckily, there's always a reason to buy flowers." I chuckle.

He gave me a light chuckle in response before returning his attention back to the wall. "What's your name, mama?"

"Citrine."

"Like the rock?" he asks.

I chuckle and nod "It's a long story."

"Maybe I'll hear it sometime. I'm Rio." he smiled.

"Nice to meet you. So, what's the occasion?" I asked, stepping closer to him. I'm not going to lie, this man is very attractive, but I've never been the best at flirting.

"Let's say it's a... 'thinking of you' occasion. Is there a flower that says that?" His voice travels throughout the shop and it's so beautiful and deep but not too deep and I could listen to it for hours.

"Well, um I don't think so, I mean you can put whatever you want on the card so they know you're thinking of them. But, I don't think there should be rules for flowers. However, certain rose colors mean certain things, like yellow is friendship, and red is love." I ramble.

"Good thing I got you, huh? Definitely don't want to say love." he laughs. I chuckle along with him.

"Alright, did you want this for delivery or did you want to take them today?"

"Today."

"Alright, no problem. So usually we start with a vase-" I started, but was cut off by him asking "Don't they just come in plastic?"

"In some places they do, usually bigger corporation stores, but I try to lean away from plastic as much as I can, but if you don't want a vase then I'll happily wrap them up with some newspapers."