15

I got another lunch with Rhea again and it's been so nice to have someone to talk to that knows about Rio and what he does. To know that if I need to talk to someone about it, I can turn to her who has experienced it first hand. I have Peri too, since he knows, but he hasn't experienced it, like she has. 

"We should plan another dinner." she suggests. 

"Oh, yes! And this time, I'll actually be prepared. Maybe I can convince Rio to do it at his place." 

she laughs a little "I'm sure if anyone can, it's you. But, we can always do it at my house, so we can send him outside with Marcus so we can talk about him." 

"I bet he'll sense it in the air." I joke. 

"Probably." she laughs. 

"Like, how does he always know everything that's going on?" 

"He has eyes everywhere." she gestures around. 

I know she was joking, I think, but I don't doubt that he does have someone watching everyone immediate in his life. 

I return to the store and was trying to finish inventory when the front door bell rang. It was a man, who wanted to buy flowers for his assistant because it's her birthday. We chatted a little while we picked out the flowers and I arranged them and he paid and left. Mick nor Eric were here today, which I found a little odd, but I guess Rio had realized that Beth probably wasn't going to be showing up anytime soon. 

When I returned home from work, exhausted, from working open too close to finish ordering some supplies and count inventory. I collapse on the couch and slide my shoes off, grabbing the remote when my phone dinged. I groaned and reached into my purse. It was Rio...

Come outside. 

I didn't bother answering as I slide on different shoes and grabbed my keys. His car was sitting right by the main entrance. The moment he sees me he rolls the window down and instructs me to get in, which I do. 

He doesn't speak the entire drive and I wonder what got him into such a mood. A part of me wants to ask him, but I figured if he wants to talk about then he will. 

He drives us to his place and he doesn't speak until we actually enter the apartment and he closes the door. 

"How was work?" he asks, heading towards the kitchen. 

"It was fine, I guess." I shrug, "How was your day?" I take a seat on the shiny couch. 

"Haven't received my cut from Beth, had to handle that. Then, heard about your little adventure." 

"Adventure?" my brows furrowing. 

"Having lunch with Rhea. And your little guest at the shop." he explained. 

"Oh, I had lunch with Rhea and I don't know what guest you're talking about." 

"Heard it was more than just a customer, mama. Heard you two got along real well." he returns from the kitchen carrying a short glass with bourbon inside. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." 

"He was there a bit longer than he should've been." he says, joining me on the couch. 

I think about all the customers that had come in and the only one that stayed the longest was the one that came after I returned from lunch. 

"The guy who bought flowers for his assistant? How do you even know that?" I ask. 

"Don't worry about it." 

"No, Rio. I'm going to worry about it because neither Mick or Eric were there so they didn't tell you, so how do you know who came in MY shop?" I demand.