17

Rio had spent the night, but was gone in the morning. There was a note laying on my nightstand with an address and time. I grab my phone and look up the address on my phone to see exactly what I was heading into. The address was a house, just a regular looking house. Which made me less worried about what my evening would entail. At least he gave me a warning this time... 

I took a shower and got ready for this meeting. Even though I've seen the house on Maps, I didn't  know what I would be walking into. I don't who is going to be there and what was going to happen. 

After I get ready I rush over to the store and make a bouquet to bring over as a gift. I don't know if they will even like them, what if they laugh and shoot me on the spot for showing up with flowers. 

I place the flowers in a vase and begin maneuvering them, Maybe I should be wine or bourbon, Rio likes bourbon. What if they don't like it? What if I get the wrong brand? 

I groan and decide the flowers are my best bet, since I know nothing about the people I'm about to meet. I lock up the store and head back over to my car, with the flowers in hand. I place the vase on the floor and place my purse at an angle beside it to help make sure it doesn't fall over. My heart beating faster and faster as I approach the house.  

I pull up to the curb as my phone calls out "Your destination is on your right..." before it recites the address I plugged in. I take a deep breath and wonder if I should even leave my car, Maybe I should just bail, would anyone really notice? I could say I got a flat tire or something. No, Rio will defiantly know and he'll probably come looking for me... 

I take another deep breathe and turn off my car. I grab my purse and the flowers from the opposite side of the car and exit my vehicle. I slowly walk up the drive way as I feel my heart about to explode. I climb the few steps up to the door and gently knock. 

A few seconds go by with no answer. I don't know if I should see that as a good thing or not... at least a scary guy holding a big gun didn't answer the door. I knock again, a little louder this time and wait again. 

"Hey, now." 

I jump and whip around to see Rio standing in the yard with a smile on his face. He looks me up and down and chuckles when he sees the flowers I'm holding. 

"Come on." he nudges his head to the side.

I climb down the small staircase and he greets me with a side hug and a kiss to my forehead. He leads the way up the long drive way and through an opened fence door to the backyard. Immediately, I think I'm gonna see something horrible back here as I follow him. It wasn't until I see two small children run by us. 

"You'll be fine." he says as he walks up to a woman, who has her back turned to us. He talks to her for a second before they turn to face me. 

"This is my boss." he says, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. 

"I'm just his grandmother." she says.

I stare at the pair for a second before whispering "Hi." 

I look around the yard and see it looks to be a family gathering. There were kids playing and multiple tables and chairs set up and a bunch of adults talking. This dude brought me to a family gathering, making me think I was about to be grilled for hours by scary people with big guns...

I look back at the pair and smile at her, "It's nice to meet you, ma'am. I'm Citrine." 

"Come, let me get a look at you." she says, gesturing me over. Rio pulls his arm away from and lets out a little chuckle, still wearing a smile. I take a few steps closer to her and she looks me over.