Chapter 10

The sun shining through the windows woke me up. I groan slightly and gently maneuver Rio's arm off me to get out of the comfy bed. I gently slide the curtains closed to shield myself and to hopefully not wake Rio. I turn back towards the bed and see him face down into the mattress. I grab my phone and make sure the sound and flash are off before taking a picture of the sleeping man. I smile to myself in achievement. I tip-toed to the bathroom, answering a few of the texts that I had missed from being away from it for as long as I did. I decide to make breakfast since I assume Marcus has school today and Rio will most likely have to... work.

Let me tell you, it's a very hard task to cook breakfast with people sleeping when they don't have doors to help cancel out the sound. Rio woke up first and instantly sat up to make eye contact with me. He sends me a smile before checking his phone.

"Well well well." He makes his way over to me and wraps his arms around me, he places a kiss on the head. I giggle as I continue to scramble the eggs.

"You didn't tell me about dinner." I said, stirring the eggs around the pan.

"I know you, mama. You would've tried to bail." he chuckles.

"I wouldn't have worn a hoodie and I would've brought a dessert or something." I sigh.

"Rhea didn't mind." he pulls me closer and leans his head down to rest on mine.

"I'm going to make her a bouquet." I state.

"You don't have to do that." he shrugs.

"I want to and I'm going to try and get coffee with her sometime." I scoop the eggs out of the pan and separate them out onto the plates.

"Already regretting having you two meet." he sighs.

I got everything and placed it on the island counter as Rio went to wake Marcus up, who was happy to have a full breakfast waiting for him. Rio sends me a wink as Marcus dives into his food.

I didn't work til this evening and Rio told me he had to handle some business tonight as well. When we go downstairs to drop Marcus off at school I see my car sitting there. I look at Rio, who tells me he had someone pick it up from the cafe. He opens his trunk and I see the rest of my belongings sitting there, which I grab and he gives me my keys.

"You behave yourself, Darlin'." he smirks at me.

"You better behave." I retort as I place my stuff in my car. We hug and kiss each other good-bye and I wave to Marcus as I climb inside my car. Once again, he waits til my car starts before he makes a move to leave. I leave first and head straight to my apartment. I just want to shower, brush my teeth and take a nap before work.

Which is exactly what I did. I didn't wake up until I needed to be at work in 30 minutes and I threw on some light wash straight-leg jeans and Rio's solid black hoodie, in my defense he never asked for it back, my shoes and bag before walking back to my car.

Nat was sitting on one of the stools, flipping through a magazine when I walked in.

"Nat, I'm so sorry I didn't respond to your texts sooner. I was with Rio and-"

"Ooooh your new boy! Don't worry about it, get it girly! He's hot!" she laughs, looking up at me, "Is that his hoodie?" she asked.

I smiled, looking down to the floor.

"Damn! You've got it bad girl, just mentioning him and you get all red faced." she continues laughing.

"Have you heard from Sarah?" I said, changing the subject.

"Yeah, she said she's swamped with school work. She's been going from school, home and here." Nat shrugs, turning her attention back to the magazine.

"Does she need some time off?" I ask, walking to the back office.