Epilogue

I stood in the bathroom, pacing back and forth. My hands slightly shaking. What the fuck am I going to do? What if Christopher doesn't want to get married anymore? Everyone has come in town for the ceremony. Even though that just means my three siblings... well Ruby and Sapphire are already here, Peri will be in next week.

"Sissy, you have to calm down. It's going to be okay." Ruby tries to reassure me. 

"What if he hates me?" 

She scoffs, "Hates you? He won't hate you. That man loves you, he wants to marry you. This won't affect that." 

"I was happy just being a step-parent, being pregnant terrifies me. I'm clumsy! What if I fall down the stairs or something!" 

"Just breathe and take it one step at a time. I know you will be a great parent, and Rio will be right beside you the whole way." she promises. 

The alarm on my phone goes off, and my heart sinks a little more. 

"Do you want me to check it?" she asks and I nod quickly. 

She flips the test over, "It's negative." 

Oh.

"Oh... it's negative. That's-- that's good, right? That's what I wanted." I nod. 

"Or was it what you thought you wanted until you heard the results?" she asks. 

I sigh, "Yeah." 

"It's okay, you two have plenty of time for that!"

"You're right. I guess I still need to talk to him, though. I don't even know if he wants another child." 

She nods, "That would be best." 

I walk into the bar, where he is sitting alone, as always. Mick is sitting at the bar top, as always. 

"Hey, you." I greet him, pecking him on the cheek. 

"Hi, mama. What can I do for you?" he smirks. 

"I-I need to tell you something." I say, taking a sit across from him. 

He smirks drops, but he doesn't reply. He just sits there, waiting for me to continue. 

"My period is late, and I thought I was pregnant, but I'm not." I say quickly. 

He doesn't react physically, but I can sense he is now deep in his thoughts. 

"I just wanted to see how you felt about that. We've never discussed having a child together. I know you already have Marcus and he's great! He's really great, and I've never thought about having a child of my own. Actually, I never thought I would have a child of my own, but I felt sad when the test was negative." I admit. 

"I would like more kids, Citrine. I never told you because I didn't think you wanted any." 

"So, should we wait a little until we officially move in together, give married life a chance to thrive without pregnant me walking around?" I laugh. 

"Or my cars out back?" his smirk returns. 

I instantly leap out of my seat, grabbing his hand and practically run to the vehicle. 

~two weeks later~

"You look so beautiful." Sapphire beams as she stands behind me while I gaze at myself in the long mirror. 

"It's not too late to bail." Ruby reminds me, rocking back and forth in an old rocking chair. 

"Ruby!" Peri snaps at her. He's busy cleaning up after all of us as we got ready.