Chapter 3

"So, what did you have planned exactly?" I ask, as we walked further and further from the shop.

"We could go to a diner that I know." he suggested.

"Oh, well what's the name of the diner so I can meet you there."

"Nah, you're riding with me." he states.

"Um, how about you follow me to my apartment complex so I can change clothes and drop my car off?" I asked, the weather was too cold for me to wear these shorts much longer without getting sick. He seemed to think for a minute before nodding. He walked with me through the side alley to get to my car, where we both got in so I could drop him off at his. This man has a Mercedes... What does this guy do for work?

I tried to pull myself together as much as I could before arriving back at the complex. Do I invite him upstairs? Is it rude if I don't? As I pull into a parking space I see him pulling in right beside me and proceed to get out. Guess he's coming up...

I grab my purse and exit my vehicle, locking the doors behind me. I couldn't help but notice he didn't lock his doors. I lead him through the sheltered halls and up the stairs. The same stairs I fell down earlier. Right when we were climbing said stairs he mentioned all the band-aids on my legs, and I had to embarrass myself further by explaining. He chuckled a little and I felt my cheeks becoming hot once again.

I unlocked my door and made a sassy 'welcome' movement with my arm, inviting him in. He looked around the small area and I watched him while shutting and locking the door. He walked further into the living room and sat down on the couch, making himself comfortable. I excused myself to my room and quickly got changed. Slipping on light wash jeans, which I rarely wore but they make my booty look good. I threw on a basic white tee and tucked it in on the front, slipping on some socks and booties. I have jewelry that I never take off, so I wasn't going to add more. I debated applying some make-up, but he had already seen me bare faced and the bun that I slept in so I wasn't going to bother. I grabbed a coat from my closet before exiting my room.

He was in the exact spot I had left him in, but now he was typing on his phone. Once he noticed me he quickly slipped his phone in his pocket as he stood up. I grabbed my purse as we left the apartment, locking the door behind me. When we got to the stairs he didn't hesitate when he said "We aren't in a hurry, so take your time." with a smirk plastered on his face.

"You fall one time." I mutter. I get to the bottom and stick my tongue out at him before walking to his car. I hear him chuckle behind me. He opens the door for me and I slide in. He shut the door behind me and rushed around to the driver's side.

"So, do I get the story behind your name now?" he asked, backing up the car.

"Oh, so you invited me out to get the story, huh?" I deduced.

He chuckled again "Yeah! Why did you think I asked while we're still in the parking lot?"

"I knew it!" I laughed before continuing, "Well, my parents were hippies so when they had kids they thought it would be fun to name us after our birthstones. So, I was born in November, I have two sisters, one was born in September and one was born in July so their names are Sapphire and Ruby. Which is kinda funny because there is a show called Steven Universe and there is a couple named Sapphire and Ruby and my sisters are really close. And then my brother was born in August, so his name is Peridot, but he doesn't let his 'associates' know his full name is Peridot and he tells them his name is Peri." I explain.

"Wow, so you're all named after rocks." he concludes.

"Yep, it's fun. Peri likes his name, even if likes to pretend he doesn't. Our parents gave us more normal middle names; they wanted us to have a back up name just in case we didn't like our first names. Peri's is Dylan, so if he hated his name he would go by that."