Chapter 5

"Hey, Darlin'. I let myself in, hope you don't mind." Rio muttered, still looking at the screen in front of him.

I took my keys out of the door and closed it before responding "Rio, what're doing here?"

"You want to tell me why I took Beth to an OBG/YN and the doctor said she's pregnant?" he asks. His voice is mono-toned, but I don't need to be a detective to know he's pissed.

This isn't my drama and I'm already fed up with it, "That's just what she told me, so I guess it's a surprise for the both of you. Congrats, Papi." I say, rolling my eyes as I place my bag on the little entryway table.

I hear him get up and stalk towards me as I walk towards my kitchen, "Did she promise to let you into their little sorority if you played games with me?" he spat.

"You're hilarious. This isn't my drama, okay? But, you don't want to believe me so I guess I'll have to show you." I stalk towards my bag, which holds my computer.

"What're you doin', Citrine?"

I don't answer him and I grab the computer and storm back into the kitchen where he is still standing. I want to slam the computer on the counter, just to prove I'm pissed, but I'm not rich so I can't afford a new laptop. I open the computer up and quickly type in my password and begin to pull up the security video from the shop.

"You don't want to believe me, so you're going to witness it. My shop has security cameras, with audio." I began rewinding the video right before the women came into the shop.

"You don't have to do this, mama." he sighs, placing his hand on the counter, leaning on it.

"No, clearly I have to." I snap.

The video begins to play and I turn up the volume, he proceeds to watch the whole video, not once looking away. Once Beth was out of the frame, I paused the stream.

"I shouldn't have accused you."

"You think?" I snap, "You don't know me, Rio. We spent one day together and I'm being dragged into this shit. And then I get accused of random shit. You need to clean up your mess before you bring other people into your life. Now, if you don't mind, I waited an extra hour at the store thinking you were going to pop up, but you were just here in my apartment, somehow. I would really like it if you would leave." I finish, pointing to the door. I didn't yell, but I was stern. I honestly thought if I yelled he would kill me.

He stares at me for a moment, like he wants to say something, but he never does. He just nods his head a little and simply walks out the door, slamming it. The loud sound made me jump, but I still let out a sigh of relief. I shut down my computer and grab a glass of wine and sit on my couch. Which makes my stomach churn lightly, because I can smell his cologne. And even though it smells amazing, right now it's a reminder of what has happened today and what I just learned about this man.

Rio has tried to call me for the past couple of days, but I haven't been answering. I just went to work and came home like normal. I thought about taking a few days, but that wouldn't be fair to the girls. Also, if I'm home Rio might stop by for a visit. At least when I come home from work I have the chance to see his car in the small parking lot.

Things were slowly going back to normal, except today during my lunch I spilled coffee on my shirt and I don't want to be sticky so I decided to run home and change before returning.

I use the bathroom and walk back into my room to grab my bag when I hear my door open and close. My heart begins to race as I think it may be Rio. However, it could also be an intruder. I grab the bat under my bed and slowly peek out to the hallway, checking to see if the coast is clear. As I creep down the small hall I can hear my heart beating in my chest. I raise the bat to prepare for a swing when I see a back facing me. I almost scream the moment I realize it's not Rio standing in my living room. I continue my quiet walk to the stranger and immediately swing the bat at his head. He falls to the ground, unconscious.