23

Ruby, Sapphire, Rio and I are currently in a jewelry looking at rings. They wanted to help me pick it out and since they fly out this evening, this morning was our only choice. 

I had already tried on a few and nothing seemed to be the one. I have never wanted a traditional wedding ring. I don't care what other people wear, but this is my ring that I would (hopefully) be wearing forever, and I just never wanted a diamond. Rio was talking to the manager or owner, while we continued searching. 

"So, does he know everybody?" Sapphire asks me. 

"At the point, not much would shock me." I shrug. 

Rio leaves the man and walks up to me asking if we've found any options. 

"Not really, nothing feels right. Who was that guy?" 

"Owner, got him pulling a couple for ya." 

We wait for a few moments before the man comes back, holding a display box. He gently sits it on the glass counter and ushers us forward with his hand. The four of us look down at the box, examining the rings that lay in the box. I didn't see anything special until I spot it. The citrine ring with a gold band, three tiny little white sapphires sit on either side where the band connects to the citrine. I pick it up and easily slide it onto my ring finger. 

"It's perfect." I whisper. 

"It's not a traditional engagement ring, so it doesn't come with a wedding band." the man explains. 

"Don't matter." Rio states. 

"Oh, sissy, it's beautiful!" Sapphire beams. 

"It's gorgeous." Ruby agrees. 

I look to Rio and smile. 

"That the one?" he asks. 

I give him a nod and he tells the man to point him in the direction of wedding bands. I don't care what wedding band he picks out, any would be perfect. I follow them and ask Rio "Do you want to go ahead and pick out yours?" 

"If you want." he shrugs. I could see him fighting a smile. 

We went with a plain thin gold wedding band for me. However, with Rio wearing both silver and gold, but black always being a go-to for him, he picks a simple black band. 

Even with Rio's hardest efforts, I paid for his wedding ring, he paid for my rings so the least I could do is pay for his. 

"Spoilin' me now, Darlin'." he smirks when I swipe my card into the machine. 

"You deserve to be spoiled too." 

"I love candids." Ruby whispers. I turn towards my sisters. Sapphire had her phone out, the camera lens angled perfectly at Rio and me. I don't say anything and playfully roll my eyes at them. 

The man boxes up the other two rings and places them in a bag for us. 

"Hopefully, we can meet your family before the wedding." Ruby comments to Rio. 

"Yeah, maybe." he chuckles, grabbing the last bag from the trunk. 

"At least your grandma." Sapphire adds. 

They pull me in for one last hug before the head off to security. 

"Well, now you've met everyone." I tell Rio. 

"So have you." he says.

On Friday, we arrive at Rhea's to pick up Marcus for the weekend. Rio takes Marcus to his room to grab his bags and to talk to him about our engagement and I was tasked to tell Rhea.