18

The foot traffic has been slow today, most orders went out on the delivery truck this morning, which left me to sit behind the counter, watching tv shows on my laptop. I've got caught up in the work I needed to get done after the delivery truck set off, which was hours ago.

The door chimed and I lifted my head from my hand to see Rio entering the building with his usual smirk, "Hey, Darlin'." 

"Hey." I mumbled, turning my attention back to the show. 

"You good?" 

"Yeah, it's just been slow today." 

"I got...a proposition for you." he slowly closing the laptop and leans on the counter. 

"Oh, yeah?" 

"What's upstairs in this building?"

"I don't know." I shrug.

"Is it yours?" 

"Technically, yeah. But, I never go up there. There was some boxes up there before I bought the place, but I haven't been up there since." 

"Why not?" 

"It's creepy." 

He chuckles "Mind if I see what's up there?" 

I get up and head to the office to search for the key. Since I never go up there I didn't see the point on keeping the key on me. I dig through the drawers, finding it at the bottom of some papers. I lock the main door before guiding Rio to the door, which leads to the stairs. 

"We usually use this little hallway for extra storage." I say, scooting a box away with my foot. 

"Wouldn't it be easier to use the room up there?" he asks. 

"Imagine carrying those boxes up and down the stairs though, and again it's creepy." 

We climb to the top and I pull out the key and unlock the door. There was a small window that faces the street, but it's just a big empty room, except the few boxes that were there when I first toured the building. 

"Those the boxes?" he asks, walking over to them. 

"Yep." 

He begins to rip off the tape to search through one of them. 

"Dude, you don't know what's in there!" I shriek. 

"I'll protect you, Darlin'." he laughs for a second before stopping abruptly. 

"Oh, don't tell me. Is it a dead rat or something?" 

"Nah, you got this place 5 years ago?" 

"Yeah, why?" 

"Just wondering why someone would leave this behind." He gestures me forward, and I slowly walk closer to one of the boxes and lean in. 

My eyes go wide, "Oh, shit! Are those real?" 

He picks up one of the guns, "Yeah." 

"What the fuck do I do? Call the cops?"

"Call them to come here, to a store that you own, about a box of guns upstairs?"

"Good point... I didn't know they were here though!"

"I'll take care of it, Darlin'. Get some of the boys to come pick em up." he shrugs, tossing the gun back into the box. 

"All the boxes?" 

"Gotta see what's in em." he slips in his hands into his jacket.

"Why'd you wanna come up here anyway?"