1

we pulled up in our driveway after school and i immediately ran up to my room to get ready. it is friday and me and the triplets are going to the movies to see Sing 2 the new disney movie.
i loved the first one so much i couldn't wait for this one. plus i love dressing up and this gives me an excuse to do so.

i got to my room and started putting on more makeup when my phone started buzzing. it was nick.

"are you ready?!" oh my god give me some time would you?

"give me a few minutes."
we hung up and i was applying blush when i heard my window sliding open.
i turn my head to see chris and matt tumbling in bitching at each other. i role my eyes but smiled. we live with only one house between us so it makes hanging out convenient. that's why we became friends in the first place. my mom doesn't like it when they come through my window, so i told her i would tell them not to do it anymore and she believed me.
"what if i was getting dressed?"
"then we'd look away." chris answers simply.
i looked at him through my mirror. i had caught a little crush on him once when we were in middle school, but i don't see him or any of them as anything more than my best friends.
"what are you doing?" matt stands beside me.
i reach up from where i'm sitting and brush some blush on his cheek. he flinched away, "stop!"
"oh, quite it. now i have to do the other side." i pull him down. he squats beside me giving me his face with his eyes closed. i finish applying blush on him and dust a little on his nose and chris teases, "you look so pretty, matty!"
"your turn?" i ask him. "no thanks," he walks off to plop on my bed.
nick face times matt yelling asking if we are ready to go yet. i grab a cute blue mini dress from my closet and change in the bathroom.

 i grab a cute blue mini dress from my closet and change in the bathroom

we tread down the stairs to meet nick in their van outside my house.
"be careful and behave yourself!" my mom calls at me as i make it swiftly out the door.
chris runs to catch shotgun and i pile in the back with nick.
nick starts blasting doja cat and matt is begging for the aux. "bro please! you get the aux all the time!" "he's got a point." chris adds.
"NO! what the FUCK do you not understand about the word NO, mathew!" matt gives up. i look at his pouting face and feel sympathy. "nick, after this song can i have the aux?"
nick thought for a little bit. "sure." yesssss.
when i get the aux and plug in my phone i look at matt through the rear-view mirror and mouth "mgk?" he nods with a sneaky grin. we both love mgk.
i play paper cuts and nick dramatically sighs at the song choice.

when we get to the movies there is a middle aged couple in front of us in line with about 40 kids. that's an exaggeration, obviously. i counted 5. three of which were chasing each other around and being wild as bucks. reminded me of the guys. then there was a toddler screaming and crying pulling at the mom trying to get her attention while she held a baby that was also crying, while the dad payed for movie tickets. i swear to god they better not be watching Sing. shit like this makes me not want to have kids. chris was holding back laughter from the scene while i hear matt and nick mumbling to each other about how they hate kids.
before nick got too specific about what he wanted to do to make the children shut up, the family went on and it was our turn. "four tickets for sing two please." chris asked politely.
we got two big buckets of popcorn and sodas but we had stuffed my little purse full of candy from the dollar store. it could barely zip.
we headed to theater 8 and as soon as no one was around to hear us we all bursted out bitching about how we hope those annoying kids aren't watching the same movie as us.
"maybe it's our faults for watching a kids movie. besides, they are the targeted audience." chris supplies. "no! imma watch a fucking disney movie in peace and if they cause a distraction they need to be REMOVED!" nick yelled. "they might have just heard you." matt laughed. "nick is right. and we are targeted audience too. the first sing movie came out when we were kids and there is discrete adult humor in most disney movies that is definitely NOT targeted for small children." i stated. "PERIODT!" nick agreed.

we ended up passing up theater 8 and had to go back and find it when we got to the double digits.

we find it and walk into the dark room. the loud commercials were playing on the screen. nick lead the way to one of the back rows so we had the perfect seats. he sat then i sat beside him then chris then matt.
the movie started and chris and matt were snickering about i don't know what and nick proceeded to shush them of course. there was no sign of the crazy family, thank god.

chris asked if he could have some of my mike and ike's and i poured a few in his hand. the movie was good but not that interesting considering it is a kids movie. i felt a tap on my shoulder. matt was reaching over to me from behind chris, "mike and ike?" he scream-whispered. i sighed and passed him the box and he took some then gave it back along with a twizzler.

after the movie ended, we stood up and my head spun from sitting in the dark for so long. we headed out and all three of them got into a fight about something and nick was screaming and matt was chasing him while chris was running around arguing with both of them. i feel like their mom sometimes. except i don't stop them. i laugh because it's funny.
we got outside and the sun was setting and the cool air was refreshing. we piled back in the car, this time me catching shot gun. matt was driving but still ingaging in their argument. "matt! literally shut up! every time you talk i want to kms."
"matt talks the least of all of us." i defend him. i look over at him beside me, sitting innocently no longer arguing, driving like a good boy. poor matty.

when we got back home, we went to their house. marylou had made dinner but we were too full of popcorn and candy. we lounged on the couch and talked to their parents about school. they are on almost the same classes but i'm a year younger than them so we hardly ever get classes together.
i was complaining about my college class i'm taking and all the essays we have to write, "i don't even know what i write about, i just reword everything from the book."
"nobody understands that class." matt comments. all three of them took it their sophomore year.
"do you want to write my response paper for me?" i ask matt cheerfully.
he scoffed, "fuck no."
"mathew! language!" marylou scolded him. chris laughed at him.

we were hanging out in nick's room on our phones and spilling tea. my mom called me because i forgot to text her. "yeah, i'm just at the sturniolo's. i'll be home after while."
"boooo," nick wined. i hung up. i would just stay here until my mom says i had to leave.
"your mom must be in a bad mood today." chris states the obvious.
"i won't let her take you!" matt claims dramatically, tackling me from the foot of nick's bed. i shriek as he drags me to the floor. i laugh and try to free myself from his embrace. i push him off me, only to go back and tackle him in an attempt to pin him.

"help!" matt cries. chris comes to rescue his brother but nick holds him back, "get him, y/n!" he cheers me on. i have him pinned and count aloud, "one! two! three!" i jump off him in victory.

but then i feel hands pull me back down. oh great.
"stop! i already won!" "if we are doing this like professionals, there are three matches. you only got one." matt challenges.

nick tries to pull me up but it doesn't help. i'm gonna have to win this thing fair and square.

i roll over to escape his arms. that was, however, a bad idea because now i was on the floor. he got on top of me and i pushed him away but failed. we went back and forth and i was starting to get tired of it.

out of no where matt jumped away and clutched his side, "ow!" he had a pained expression on his face.
"what happened, matty?!" i went over to him, "are you ok?" i placed a hand where he was holding his side. i looked up behind his silky hair into his pitiful baby blue eyes that dig a pit of guilt in my stomach. i move a lock of hair out of his face and he starts grinning smugly. oh my god. i rolled my eyes and stood up knowing he had faked me out.
he laughed to himself.
"i thought you were about to kiss him for a second." nick blurts mindlessly looking at his phone.
"she already kisses his ass anyway." chris adds.
"oh shut up! i just defend him when you attack him, christopher."

it wasn't awkward like you would think. we are comfortable enough with each other that we can say stuff like that.