3

"babaayy ohWowOw babay i need to knOwOw!"
we chanted with the car speakers blasting.

the four of us took the van, while justin went with his friends and their parents went by themselves.

"if we get back and he's still over there! i'm gonna bake a fucking pie for that old lady or something and show up and invite myself in that house and get. me. some. boy!" nick has been ranting about this for ten minutes straight so far.

"does mrs. garrison have any hot granddaughters too?" chris asks half joking, nudging matt.
"no, christoph, you will not be finding your anna any time soon." nick responds.

"do you think he's cute?" matt asks me genuinely.
i think about it for a second. "yeah." i answer matter of factly. "cuter than me?!" matt seems offended. "oh, shut up." i slap his shoulder. "he's nicks anyway." i add. "yeah! i call dibs!" nick is still yelling.

"so he actually was looking at nick?" chris asks. we were getting into detail now. "why is it so hard to believe?!" nick asks offended.

we finally arrive and met up with everyone else.
everyone is wanting to ride roller coasters but i HATE roller coasters. they make you feel like your falling and are going to die. what the fuck is fun about that?

"come on! you are riding this roller coaster and you don't have a choice!" chris begs.
"no, i am not." i state simply.
"your so boring!" i just roll my eyes. i was not boring, i just didn't like being scared for my life.

"how about this," i offer to the three of them, "we can watch a scary movie tonight if y'all leave me alone about roller coasters." they pondered on it for a while then nodded in agreement.
"but you better keep your promise or we'll tie you down to a chair and force you to watch it!" nick threats. "i promise!" i swear putting my hands up.

they end up riding a couple scary roller coasters without me and i waited for them at the end of each one.

we were in line for a mild roller coaster that was supposed to be chill and not have any ginormous drops or go upside down.
their parents and justin and his friends are all going to ride it too. i was kinda weirded by one of justin's friends who kept looking at me.

my stomach dropped when it was our turn and the gate opened for us to go find seats. i had already asked which one of the triplets wanted to be my riding partner. nick refused because he didn't want to deal with my screaming panicking. chris was the lucky one that got stuck with me.

we got seated behind matt and nick and i was trying to keep my cool as i got buckled in.

the anticipation was the worst, especially when they were announcing all the safety precautions. this was supposed to be an easy ride!

it started moving and chris told he to chill out because this was a "boring one anyway."

it was nice. nothing scary yet. it was actually kind of fun. i liked roller coasters, just not going high enough to touch the clouds and doing a loop then falling to your death.

just when i was enjoying myself, we started going up heal. oh no. i knew what was coming. "wait! no! guys! there's gonna be a drop! you didn't tell me about this!"

chris was laughing, "it's fine!" no it was NOT.

"oh my god oh my god oh my god what do i do!" matt looked back at me, "it's not that steep. it's fine." he told me with a genuine look. i calmed down a little.

we reached the top and i grabbed onto chris like a life raft, "no no no no no no," i pleaded. he was still laughing his ass off. then, boom. we went down the hill. it took my stomach, but matt was right, it wasn't that steep.

we got off and i went to matt. i wished i had road with him instead of chris. he's a lot nicer to me.

"that was scary." i told him, holding his arm. "it was not." he scoffed. "ok, it wasn't that bad, but i thought that drop was going to be worse than it was." he just nods in agreement. "i wish i road with you instead. your a lot better of a riding buddy than chris," i looked over at him. he looked at me too and smiled.

we all walked to the kitty area with the farris wheel and games. "i'm gonna win you a stuffed animal, nick." i told him. "that blue and purple one," he said pointing to a big fluffy blue and purple bear.

"i'll challenge you to the water guns." matt offers. "oh, your going down!" I take accept his challenge.

"who will you give your prize to, matt?" chris questions. he thinks for a second, "me!" he answered confidently. "no! you can't do that!" nick objects. "well, then i'll give in to y/n as a peace offering." my cheeks warmed, "awww! thanks matty bear!" i try to give him a hug, but he shrugs me off.

"but you not gonna be winning anyway," i continued, "the only thing i will be taking home is victory and bragging rights."

we waited what seemed like forever in line. nick and chris even went to buy us all cotton candy.

it was finally our turn. "may the baddest bitch win." i stick out my hand and matt shakes it in agreement.

nick cheers for me and chris cheers for matt. i am winning so far. matt is quietly frustrated beside me. i glance over a few times to see him furrowing his eye brows in concentration.

"come on, y/n! lgbt power!" nick cheers me on.

DING DING DING! we have a winner! while it was close, i beat his ass. i punch my fists in the air victoriously, "eat my dust!" matt looks astonished, "its rigged. its fucking rigged."

the worker asked me what prize i wanted and i pointed to the blue and purple bear nick wanted.

I walk over to the guys triumphantly, bear in clutch, "hear you go, nicky." nick takes it and throws a "loser" at matt. matt just hangs his head. poor matty.

"its all right," i come to console matt, putting an arm around his shoulders. he gives me nothing in return. sore loser.

the sun was already starting to set and the warm breeze was now cool.

we get in line for the spinning tea cups next. all four of us got in one and spun until we couldn't see straight. blurry images of their three smiling faces was all i could see.

then, as tradition, our last ride of the night, the farris wheel.

the line was long as usual, but not bad. their banter always kept me entertained.

chris and matt leave to get kettle corn. it would help pass the time.

when it's finally our turn, all four of us get in one cubicle. i sit beside matt and chris complains, "i wanted to sit beside matt!"
"get over it." i hook my arm in matt's and he smiles at me.

the wheel starts to turn and i get a little butterflies just because, i'm not terrified if heights, but who doesn't get a little nervous?

we are in a calm conversation, no yelling, no fighting, a good conversation.
we are almost at the top and i am getting a little freaked out looking down at the amusement park that is now small from how high up we are. i scoot closer to matt and they all three know i'm a little spooked.

matt putts his arm around me and i feel better.

chris, being a dick, makes fun of us and puts his arm around nick, but nick shoves him off with an "ew!"

i just roll my eyes, but i feel matt squirm beside me. eventually he takes his arm off. why does chris have to ruin things all the time?

nick passes us the kettle corn as he continues with his story he was taking forever to tell.

"ok, nick, can we get to the good part now?" chris rushed.

it was dark and the stars were out. the park was lit up with the bright colors of the rides and games. nick  was holding onto that ginormous bear as he rambled on. he had named it jeremy.

matt was shivering beside me because he only had on a short sleeve. i have been in my cardigan this whole time and wasn't cold, so i took it off and sarcastically wrapped it around him like the boy does the girl in cheesy romance movies. fuck gender norms.

he was still wearing it when we got off and met up with the others.