6

i went back to my house soon after the kiss. mainly because i wanted to find out to what degree and for how long i was grounded.

my parents weren't back from church yet so i just sat in the living room, enjoying the fact i was home alone. never gets old.

i still hadn't fully processed what just happened. matt had just kissed me. it just.... happened. i wonder if he likes me or if it was just a spur of the moment kind of thing.

the kiss was perfect. it was so soft and gentle and careful. it was the kind that lingered on your lips. that when you close your eyes you can almost feel it again. i wonder if i'll ever get to feel it again.

i hear a car pull up into the drive way and i feel my heart drop to my stomach.

the door opens and both of my parents come in, and they both look pissed. oh great.

"hey." i smile at them politely.

"y/n! i let you run around with those boys as you please, you haven't been home all weekend, and the one thing i ask is that you go to church!" mom yells, furry in her voice. im a nervous wreck. i hate when my parents yell at me.

i can practically see fire in my dad's eyes. "don't you have any desire to worship in the house of the lord?!" oh, here we go. "jesus died on the cross for your sins and you don't even get up to go to church! and i don't know why that sturniolo family doesn't make them boys go, but we raise our child better than that!"

why do they have to drag them into this? "im sorry. it won't happen again." i deadpan.

"you don't seem sorry!" my mom yells. i swear there is never the right thing to say to this women.

"so whats my punishment?" i ask to try to get to the point and skip all of this pointless verbal abuse bullshit.

"your grounded." dad states, then elaborates, "you can't leave your room for the rest of the day and you can't see your friends for the rest of the week." not bad. at least they didn't take my phone.

"kay, goodnight." i say emotionless as i turn on my heal to go up to my room. "don't roll your eyes!" my mom screeches. she has the ugliest voice. i feel second hand embarrassment for her. i didn't even roll my eyes. but i did after she told me not to.

when i got to my room i calmly closed and locked my door then preceded to the usual routine of aggressively flipping off the door and silently cussing them out, then later dramatically crying from self pity because i have the worst parents in existence, then cry about how tragic life is in general. about my dead grandma, my dead grandpa, every dead pet i have ever owned, then my dead grandma's dead dog.

i sit by my fish tank and tell my gold fish, "your the only one i have left, lucy."

i then lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling feeling alone and helpless. hated and hurt. then i hear a tap on my window. hope and relief ignite in me like a cigarette lighter.

i scurry over to my window to see nick's smiling face. not going to lie, my smile slightly faltered. what was i expecting? matt with roses and chocolate dipped strawberries?

i sighed, still smiling, and both of us pulled open the window.

"hey bestie! why are you here all alone?" nick asks as he squeezes through the window.

"shh! my parents can't know your here!" i snap at him.

"why? you in trouble?" he moves to lay on the floor. "yeah," i lay down beside him, "because i didn't go to church. the verdict is i have to stay in my room for the rest of the day and friends are forbidden for the rest of the week.