22

the next day, i made laken pack up her stuff and leave first thing in the morning. i didn't want to be around her. i felt betrayed after my realization last night.

marly claimed she wasn't picking sides and was still going to be friends with both of us. she spent the rest of the day with me and we went out shopping like how pre-prom should be.

nick called me today. like, whole-ass called me saying that the four of use (me, him, matt, and chris) need to hang out today. but when he added "after you get back from shopping and chris gets back from his pre-prom with laken and matt gets back from his date with netty" i did NOT want to hang out with them anymore.

I was on the verge of inviting nick to stay the night at my house and me tell him everything. but i can't. what do i expect? him to be like damn, fuck those guys, you are too good for them anyway. Yeah, no chance. they are brothers. triplets. they are each others best friends and even though sometimes I don't want to admit it, in our little friend group of four, if three of us were hanging off a cliff, and one of the triplets could only save two of us, I would be the one to fall to my death.

depressing thoughts clouded my mind after marly left and i sat alone in my room, not responding to nick's texts asking me if I wanted to go out and do something with them.

the answer is no because nick is oblivious to everything that is going on, chris is acting weird and flirty around me, and matt broke my heart and i think i might have broke his, but we were never in love to begin with.

it was only 6 o'clock, but the only thing i wanted to do was go to sleep. it was an escape. plus i didn't get much sleep last night.

i turned off my lights and fell asleep.

i woke up to the familiar sound of someone trying to break in through my window. i rubbed my eyes and noticed it was dark outside now. i checked the time and it was 11pm.

by the time i sat up a silhouette was already climbing in through my window. i reached over to turn my lamp on. he

matt was standing on the other end of my room near the window. "sorry, i didn't know you were sleeping."

"what are you doing here?" i asked bitterly.

he had an awkward kind of embarrassed look on his face.

"uh, to t-talk about prom. i try to text you but....you didn't answer." he ducked his head and scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

i looked at my phone again to see a missed call and two texts from matt.

instead of starting our conversation about prom pictures and transportation, i asked, "so, does your girlfriend mind that you are going to prom with another girl?"

he looked shocked at what i said. "she's not my girlfriend and no, she doesn't care."

i scoff, "the fact you know who i'm talking about makes her your girlfriend."

"if that's how it works then both me and chris are your boyfriend." he snaps back.

i was standing now. "oh my god! it was one freaking kiss! you've made this random ass chick your whole wife!" i shouted.

"what?! are you jealous or something?!" he shouted back.

"maybe i am!" i yelled, not thinking before speaking.

without hesitation, matt took one long stride towards me, grabbed my face and kissed me. deep and rough. and i kissed him back right away just as hungrily, grabbing his shoulders.

it didn't last long when my door flew open and we jumped apart. my mom was standing in the doorway. "what's all the yelling about?" good thing she didn't catch us or i'd never be able to hang out with boys again.