8

after school, the guys offer to take me home and i take them up on it. when we all get in the car, caring on with a conversation, i almost forgot about things between me and matt.

i guess they noticed me suddenly getting quite, as they all looked at me weird. "you okay?" nick asks. "yeah. just kinda tired." matt was looking at me concerned.

"what time did you go to bed last night?" nick asks as everyone returns to usual and matt pulls out of the parking space. "uh..." i can't remember. i accidentally look at matt and we make eye contact through the rear view mirror. i can't count how may times we've done that. i get butterflies every time.

i feel my face turn red as i look away quickly. memories of making out and matt's hands on me flash in my head, making me more of a mess.

"y/n!" nick yells. i look up at him looking at me with a weird look. chris was also turned around from shotgun looking at me. "earth to y/n!" nick waves a hand in front of my face.

"sorry, i don't think i went to bed until, like, three last night." good save.

nick gives me one last look and then it's over. thank god.

i watch matt as he drives. he's so well behaved compared to his brothers. i wonder all the time if he knows just how great he is.

one day, when i'm sure he won't judge me too bad for being a total simp, i want to tell him how amazing and beautiful he truly is, and i want him to believe it. to understand it. to understand how important he is to me. to understand how special he is, because he seems to be stuck in chris and nick's shadow most of the time, and i just want him to understand how special he is, for many reasons, including that he is my favorite. out of his parents, his whole family and all of their friends. they don't have a favorite. but matt is someone's favorite. i don't think chris and nick have that. and, now that i'm thinking about it, he's not just my favorite triplet, he might be my favorite person in the whole world.

when we get to our neighborhood, i remember i am not aloud to hang out with my friends all week.

i decide to go with the,"oh, oops, i forgot," option.

we go to their house and marylou greats us in the kitchen. "hey boys! hey y/n!"

"hey," we say in unison, sitting at the table.

"y/n, you should stay for dinner," marylou tells me, "we are having homemade chicken alfredo tonight!"

"sounds great." i tell her.

"hey, do you all want to play some basketball outside?" chris suggests. "sure, if your in the mood to get crushed by me and nick!" i challenge. nick dabs me up across the table, agreeing to be on my team. "but imma need to run to my house to get some shorts and a t shirt." it was too hot out for me to be wearing jeans and a hoodie, but our school is freezing.

"you mean you are sticking me with chris?" matt whines quietly. i look over at him and blush. god, could i quit blushing?!

chris hits him and before i knew it it was a full out brawl.

"take it outside!" marylou calls and we head out to play some ball.

i go to my house and my parents thankfully aren't there. i go up to my room and throw on a pair of grey nike shorts and a purple t-shirt from a dance camp i attended a couple years ago.

chris grabs a basket ball and dribbles and shoots. "nothin but net!" he hollers.

"we got this nick." i tell him and he says, "of course we do." and moves to try and steel the ball from chris.

"matt!" chris calls out and chest passes it to him. it's so hot when guys chest pass.

matt catches and moves to shoot but i block it mid-air and nick catches it. i hate seeing him disappointed.