10

he comes through my window, even though it's only 5:00 so my parents are fine with people coming over.

what i didn't expect was chris and nick to cram through the window right after him. huh. i was under the impression we were gonna makeout again; although, that probably wouldn't be ideal considering he probably doesn't want to catch whatever sickness i have.

i sat up in bed and watched them come over to me. "we thought we would come over and check up on our sickly sister." chris said sitting at the foot of my bed.

nick scoffs, "sickly sister? what are you? james charles?"

"i can say sickly sister if i want." chris defends himself.

"very original." matt comments, sitting beside chris.

"shut it, bernard." chris teases. "don't call me that." matt slaps chris's arm. "i can call you whatever i want." chris says suggestively, caressing matt's hand. "stop!" matt hits him aggressively.

"jesus, chris, why do you keep doing that? it's weird." nick sighs exasperated.

matt and chris keep throwing hands and i laugh as i watch them like a comedy act. "ow!" chris yelps. matt has always been the ruthless one in their fights. chris pushes matt, making him fall back onto me.

nick pulls matt off of me, "stop, she's sick. she definitely isn't in the mood for this right now." "it's fine," i assure nick, "but you guys probably do want to keep a distance, i don't want you to catch my cold or whatever this is."

"we don't care!" chris smiles, coming in for a hug. nick rolls his eyes in annoyance of chris's carelessness. matt was looking me in the eyes, and i looked at him back over chris's shoulder. i wish i could read his mind. or even pause life for a second and have him tell me what he's thinking.

"she's probably tired and wants to rest." nick states. "no, it's fine." i state. "i like having you guys around."

"aw, how sweet." chris grins. i roll my eyes. matt is just sitting at the foot of my bed, biting his nails. i wonder if he asked nick and chris to come along or if they just followed him.

i get up to go downstairs and get some advil. my mom is cooking dinner when i go to the kitchen. "hey, are the boys here?" she asks. "yeah." i answer, retrieving the advil from the medicine cabinet.

"did they come in through the window again?" my mom asks in an accusatory tone. "no, they came in the front door." i lie.

"do they want to stay for dinner?" mom asks. "i am still feeling sick, so probably not."

i get back upstairs, and when i open my door, they are gone.

i go to lay on my bed, when i notice a figure under the covers. i throw back the blanket to reveal matt. he grins up at me cutely. i lay down beside him and ask, "where is nick and chris?" "they aren't here." he answers simply.

that's kinda weird, but whatever. "why were you hiding under the covers?" i ask him with more affection in my voice, now that nick and chris aren't here. i notice matt stiffen and glance around my room.

"what's wrong, matty?" i asks him, pushing a piece of hair from his face. i pull back when he starts to look more uncomfortable. then, something suddenly grabs my leg and i scream. i look over to see an arm grabbing me from under my bed. nick is laughing as he finishes coming out from under my bed.

well, shit, i've been pranked. now i understand why matt seemed so uncomfortable.

i look around my room for chris, "well, where is chris?"

"he left." nick tries, but i know he's here. i get up to look around. i go to look in my closet, when he jumps out from behind my door, "boo!" i jump a little, but don't scream.

"god," i laugh, "you all are, like, five."

"i can't help it," chris says in his sarcastic pick-me-girl voice, "i'm a five year old at heart."

i make a gagging noise as i go back to bed. "i love you guys, but i think i'm gonna go to sleep now." i tell them. "boring." matt comments, getting off my bed.

"matt, you're like the king of boring." chris tells him. "for real, matt, don't even." nick adds. matt just shakes his head as they head for the window.

matts' not boring. he's just not as loud as nick and chris. he's more chill. until you call him by his middle name.

matt is the last one to go through the window. he looks back at me and looks me in my eyes, giving me a genuine smile, "bye." my heart melts. "bye."

after a few minutes of them being gone, i get a text on snap from matt: i'm sorry nick and chris came with me then another one: i kinda just wanted it to be us

wow. just us? i can't believe he said that. i thought it was just going to be a mutually known but not spoken thing. i don't know what to say back.

it's ok i texted back, i do like just seeing you tho with a warmly smiling emoji.

okay. i just said that. it's okay, he obviously feels the same way. right? yes, he just implied it.

then i get a snap from him. it's a picture of his face without an expression, just the stare of his intense eyes. it says: do you want me to come back

my stomach flips. i snap him back saying, i don't want you to get sick

he sends me back a mirror selfie in his room: who cares

this time i snap him a video, "me. i don't want my precious bernard to get sick."

he sends back a video quickly after, saying, "first of all, fuck you, second, i have a good immune system."

i simply say back, "no."

he sends back, "don't you need someone to cuddle with to make you feel better?"

god, he was going to be the death of me.

i then decide to facetime him. he picks up on the third ring. i was slightly caught off guard when matt answered with bare shoulders (assumable shirtless), laying on his bed.

"why don't you want me to come over?" he asks plainly. "because, i don't want you to get sick." i answer.

he takes a moment before whispering, "we don't have to..... kiss or anything." heat immediately rises to my cheeks.

"i wasn't thinking that anyway." i whisper back. he rolls over so he is laying on his side, looking even more attractive than before with his hair falling in his face.

"what about when you're better?" he asks in a low voice, still not wanting to risk anyone hearing.

my stomach flips. what is with him today being so.... flirty?

"what do you mean?" i ask, decided to play dumb.

"you know," he mumbles, "kiss." he whispers.

i can't help but giggle. then my mom yells from downstairs, "dinner is ready!"

"i have to go eat dinner." i tell him.

"okay." i hear him say as i stand up. i look back at my phone, his puppy eyes staring into my soul.

"i promise i will kiss you the second i feel better." i whisper to him, smiling uncontrollably.

he smiles back at me, "bye." "bye." i tell him back. "wait!" he stops me, "have you kissed chris too?" he asks and i can't tell if he is joking or not.

"no." i tell him honestly. i then add, "i would never. that's gross."

a big smile spreads across his face, then we hang up.