5

the time was 3:21. i couldn't take it anymore.

before i let myself flee to matt's room, i gave nick a little shake. "nick!" i scream-whispered but he didn't respond.

with that, i sat up and slipped out from under the covers, then quickly ran out of nick's room and across the hall to matt's room. on my way, i heard a noise coming from the kitchen. but it was probably just trevor. hopefully.

i stop as soon as i get to the door. i take a second, then carefully twist the door nob. i peek inside the dark room, the only light coming from his phone, illuminating his face that was staring at me.

"hello?" he said sarcastically waiting for me to come in. i tip-toed in and crawled under the blanket beside him. he was in the middle of watching a youtube video. it's paused now. "scared?" he asked mockingly, his voice a little raspy. how am i so lucky to get to be this close to matt and hear his sleepy 3 am voice?

"yeah." admitted. "are you?"

"no." he answered. of course he wasn't. but how could someone not be scared after watching that movie?!

he breathed a quiet laugh then returned to his video.

matt's presence immediately made me feel better. i laid on my back, attempting to fall asleep.

i started drifting off, the low sound of matt's youtube video playing in the back ground. i was half asleep when i started imagining some of the scary images from the movie.

i startled awake and looked over at matt. he was the same as he was before. i scooted closer to him and nuzzled my face into his shoulder. "matt, im scared." i whispered to him desperately. i took in he scent and his body heat.

"there's nothing to be scared of." he calmly whispered back as i rested my head in the crook of his neck so i could watch his video with him. he leaned his head on mine and suddenly i felt like anything scary or bad could never reach me again. it's like the closer i was to him the more the scary things would disappear.

i dosed off after a while and eventually i felt matt shift as he put his phone up. i woke up as matt curled up next to me. "matt." i whisper. "mmm." he mumbles. crap. i didn't even know what i was going to say. "good night." i whispered in lack of anything else better to say. he moved his face up to look at me in the dark room, "good night," he wispered back. i could feel his breath on my lips.

i felt a light tug at my hair then felt matt's arm rest on my side as he played with my hair. i loved this. i closed my eyes and gave way to the sweet drowsy trance he put me in.

the sounds of birds chirping and light shining in through the windows drew my eyes open. i rolled over to find matt gone. i touched the space beside of me. it was slightly warm. he hadn't been gone long.

i fight the urge to fall back asleep and retrieve my phone from beside the bed. it was 11:01 a.m. there was a text from my mom: you are grounded.

why was i grounded? oh yeah, church. well, too bad.

i texted matt: where did u go?

a minute later he texted back: i coming

then he added: needy

how dare he. before i had time to respond, the door opened. in came a happy trevor, who jumped on the bed, behind him was matt.

i pet trevor, deliberately ignoring matt, as petty as it is, for calling me needy.

matt lays back down next to me. after waiting a while he pokes my leg. i ignore him.

"what wrong?" he asks, a smirk on his face. "im not needy." i look over at him.

"well, it seemed like you needed me from your text."

"i simply asked you where you went."

"so its okay if i go then?" he teased. i looked him in the eye, returning the smirk, "duh."

he sat up then gave me one last look before standing up.

"so you want to leave?" i questioned him.

he just looked at me for a second. i could see the wheels turning in his head.

"yeah." he answered finally. "okay. then leave." i insisted.

he turned around to leave. when he reached the door he looked back at me. then he came over to the bed. before i knew what was going on, he sat beside me, looked me in the eyes, and pressed his lips against mine. they were so soft, you would think they were a girl's. i was so shocked, i froze still at first, but then started to kiss him back.

the sound of trevor jumping off the bed broke the spell, and we pulled apart, flushed. matt looked so cute and vulnerable and genuine. his guard completely down, free of any sarcasm.

he stood up awkwardly, and so did i. "um, im gonna go get some cereal." he mumbled. "im gonna use the bathroom." i mumbled back.

i went to the bathroom and locked the door behind me.

i looked at myself in the mirror. what just happened? matt just kissed me. MATT JUST KISSED ME!

a/n: they had their first kiss!!! what will happen next? will things be weird and awkward now? guess we'll find out in the next chapter!

don't forget to vote and comment<3