chapter nine

Moody spoke up once again.

"Avada Kedavra's a curse that needs a powerful bit of magic behind it - you could all get your wands out now and point them at me and say the words, and I doubt I'd get so much as a nosebleed. But that doesn't matter. I'm not here to teach you how to do it. Now, if there is no counter curse, why am I showing you? Because you've got to know.
You don't want to find yourself in a situation where you are facing it. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" He roared , and the whole class jumped again.

"Now..those three curses are known as the Unforgivable Curses. The use of any one of them on a fellow human being is enough to earn you a life sentence to Azkaban. That's what you're up against. That's what most of all, you need to practise constant, never-ceasing vigilance. Get out your quills...copy this down."

They spent the rest of the lesson taking notes in each of the Unforgivable Curses. No one spoke until the bell rang - but when Moody had dismissed them and they had left the classroom, a torrent of talk burst forth.

"Did you see it just drop like that?" Blaise asked them all as they were walking out

"Yes Blaise it just so happened to be right infront of us" Iris replied with no emotion in her voice.

"It wasn't fair for him to do it that close to you two" said Enzo, looking at the girls with sympathy.
"And did you see Longbottom's face" he added

Amy felt bad for the boy. She knew how horrible that must of been for him. She also knew however that he was not the only one affected by the events of that lesson.

Once the last curse took place she knew that Theo would be very on edge throughout the remainder of the lesson, and how right she was.

She saw his leg bouncing the whole time and as they were taking notes he was holding his quill so hard that she thought it might actually snap.

Theo's mother was killed by that very same curse by none other than his father. Once Voldemort was at his most powerful, Theo's father pledged his allegiance to him and would go to great lengths to prove his loyalty, even if that meant murdering his own wife.

———————————————————-

After they had all eaten, they decided to bunk their last two lessons as none of them were feeling the greatest, so they were all once again sitting in the girls dorm.

"Does anyone get this shitty Divination homework?" Mattheo asked looking down at his chart.

"Not a clue mate." Replied Enzo
"I mean does anyone even listen in that class?"

"I blame Zucchini for the amount of homework she gave us" Iris said as she looked over at all of the paperwork spread out by Mattheo.

"Yeah it's always my fault isn't it Hayes." Said Blaise with an attitude

"Well yeah, because you wouldn't shut up about Uranus the whole time you perv" she stated

"She's got you there mate." Said Enzo smirking up at Blaise.

"Oh shut up Berkshire" said Blaise as he flipped him off

"Guys can we do something that doesn't make me severely depressed" said Iris looking incredibly bored.
"Like if I have to read another sentence about the Soap Blizzard of 1972" she said as she read from her book.
"I might just throw myself off the astronomy tower"

The boys just simply laughed at her over dramatic-ness.

And that's when Amy realised, that she didn't get her History of Magic book from the library.