chapter fourty-seven

Keeping the secret from the boys was much easier than they thought. If you just tell a boy that you are talking about 'girl stuff' they tend not to ask any further questions. However, it was quite hard covering up their worry when  Educational Decree number Twenty-Four came out.

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All student organisations, societies, teams, groups and clubs are henceforth disbanded.

Permission to re-form may be sough from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

Any student going to have formed, or to belong to, an organisation, society, team, group or club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The six slytherins looked away from the sign on the Slytherin noticeboard.

"That's a shame, I was looking forward to chess club." Blaise said with fake sadness.

Amy and Iris just looked to each other worried. Did someone rat them out?

"That won't effect Quidditch will it?" Asked Enzo.

"Better fucking not." Theo said.

It was immediately apparent on entering the Great Hall that Umbridge's sign had not only appeared in the Slytherin dungeons. There was a peculiar intensity about the chatter and an extra measure of movement in the Hall as people scurried up and down their tables conferring on what they had read.

Amy had barely taken her seat when someone called.

"Nott, Riddle, Zabini!"

It was Marcus Flint, the Quidditch captain and he was hurrying towards them looking pissed.

"What is it Flint?" Theo asked.

"The old hag is including Quidditch in this"

"What?" The three of them said.

"No way." Said Enzo, appalled.

"You read the sign, it mentions teams." He said, "we have to go and ask permission to re-form it."

"Load of shit ." Mattheo said.

"So do us all a favour." Marcus said, looking round at them all, "don't piss her off, especially you Griffin I hear what you're like with her." To which Amy just smirked to. He took one last glance at them all before storming away.

The three Quidditch players huffed angrily.

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Iris reassured, however she couldn't say the same for her and Amy. The blonde turned around and look at the Gryffidor table, which seemed to be as stressed as she was.

***************

Amy and Iris made their way down the stone steps to the dungeons for Potions, both of them lost in thought, but as they reached the bottom of the steps they were recalled to themselves by the voice of Draco Malfoy talking to their boys.

As they got closer, they could hear the conversation.

"I went to ask her first thing this morning and it was pretty much automatic." Malfoy said.