chapter sixty-two

The stress of the upcoming exams had finally hit the rest of the group. The girls would be in the library for the majority of their free time and the boys had even started to miss Quidditch practise to study. It seemed to be the same for the rest of their year group.

The six of them were seated by their tree in the courtyard making the most of the nice weather before they were stuck in the hall doing what seemed like a million essays.

"Hayes what did put for number-" Blaise began to ask for the tenth time already before he was cut off by a book hitting him. "Thanks." He replied as he picked it up and opened it.

"Blaise you know you can't ask any of us during the real thing right?" Enzo asked.

"Well yeah, that's why I'm getting everything out of you guys now." He answered. "Apart from you Griffin. No point asking you."

Amy looked up and furrowed her eyebrows slightly. "What are you trying to say?"

Before Blaise could get a word out Theo took the book from his hands and hit him in the back of the head. "Don't answer that." He told him.

Amy smiled to Theo who just winked in response.

Blaise was left rubbing the back of his head until something had caught his eye. "Oi! There's gonna be a fight!"

They all turned around to see a huge crowd of people walk through the courtyard and head inside whilst all talking excitedly.

" I want a good view!" He shouted out as he got up and ran after them. The others followed quickly behind. "Guys, wait!" A voice called out. Amy turned around to see Iris trying to pick up all of her pieces of parchment. "I need all of this." She said. Amy was about to go and help her until she saw Mattheo go over.

Amy carried on walking with the crowd and was confused when they had stopped outside Umbridge's office. As her boys were tall and feared by a lot, they managed to push their way to the front. She felt a presence beside her and looked to her left to see that Mattheo had found them and he had Iris on his back who was holding all of her loose parchment.

The reason the crowd stopped had become very clear. The corridor was covered in a green, slimey substance. It was just like when Trelawney had been sacked. Students were standing all around the walls in a great ring and teachers and ghosts were also in the crowd. Prominent among the onlookers were members of the Inquisitorial Squad, who were all looking exceptionally pleased with themselves, and Peeves, who was bobbing overhead, gazed down at Fred and George, who stood in the middle of the floor with the unmistakeable look of two people who had just been concerned.

"So!" said Umbridge standing on the other side of the corridor. "You think it is amusing to turn a school corridor into a swamp, do you?"

"Pretty amusing, yeah." Said Fred, looking to her without the slightest sign of fear.

Filch elbowed his way closer to Umbridge, almost crying with happiness. He had been trying to get the twins expelled since they got to Hogwarts. "I've got the form Headmistress." He said hoarsely, waving a piece of parchment. "I've got the form and I've got the whips waiting....oh, let me do it now..."

"Very good, Argus." She said. "You two are about to learn what happens to wrongdoers in my school."

"You know what?" Said Fred. "I don't think we are." He turned to his twin. "George, I think we've outgrown full time education."

"Yeah, I've been feeling that way myself." Said George lightly.

"Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?" Asked Fred.