chaper fifty-four

"Why can't we just take the train like normal people?" Amy whined as she walked down the steps from the house, dragging her suitcase behind her.

Amy's stay at Grimmauld Place was now over and they were travelling back to Hogwarts today.

"I've always wanted to go on the Knight Bus." Ron said happily, ignoring Amy's complaints.

BANG!

A violent purple, triple-decker bus had appeared out of thin air in front of them, narrowly avoiding the nearest lamppost, which jumped backwards out of its way.

A thin, pimply, teenage boy in purple uniform leapt down on the pavement and said, "Welcome to the -"

"Yes, yes, we know, thank you." Tonks said swiftly. "On, on, get on -" And he nudged Amy forwards to the steps, past the conductor who watched her with a smirk.

"Let me take your bag misses." He said with a wink as he took the suitcase out of her hand. Amy mumbled a 'thanks' as she made her way inside the bus.

The interior consisted of mismatched chairs grouped haphazardly around windows. Some of these appeared to have fallen over when the bus stopped abruptly in Grimmuald Place; a few witches and wizards were still getting to their feet, grumbling, and somebody's shopping bag had slid the length of the bus: an unpleasant mixture of frogspawn, cockroaches and custard creams were scattered all over the floor.

"Looks like we'll have to split up," said Tonks briskly, looking around for empty chairs. "Fred, George, Amy and Ginny, if you just take those seats at the back...Remus can sit with you.

Amy followed after the three gingers and sat down next to Ginny, with Fred and George seated infront of them and Lupin on their left.

Amy watched as Fred and George opened a small case full of different gadgets.

"How is your OWL studying going Amy?" Lupin asked.

Amy turned to him and laughed nervously by accident. "Oh, yeah, its uh-its great" she said with fake enthusiasm.

"sounds it" Ginny mumbled sarcastically.

Fred and George suddenly turned round to face the pair, both of them with large grins. "Dont worry little snake." George said. "We can get you out of any exam." Said Fred, holding up one of his gadgets from their case.

Amy dreaded to think what that could conceal and hoped that she wouldn't find out.

Suddenly the bus began moving and with another tremendous BANG, they all jolted backwards. Empty chairs slid backwards as the Knight Bus jumped from the busy roads of London to a quiet country lane.

Amy could feel a headache coming and actually wished that they just apparated.

There was another bang and they were now rolling through a snowy Hogsmede. Amy caught a glimpse of the Hogs Head down its side street.

At last they rolled to a halt outside the gates to Hogwarts. Amy wasted no time in standing up and getting off. She got outside and saw how the boy in uniform was lifting her suitcase down onto the ground. "I hope to see you again on here m'lady." He said with a smile.

"Don't get your hopes up." Amy replied as she picked her suitcase up and said her goodbyes to Lupin and Tonks.

The seven of them struggled up the slippery drive towards the castle, dragging their trunks. Amy glanced back when they reached the oaken front doors; the Knight Bus had already gone.

The Entrance Hall was empty but the Amy could see through a gap between the two doors of the Great Hall that everyone was in there.

"Yes! We made it for lunch" Ron said excitedly. The six of them started walking towards the doors but Amy stayed put.  "Amy are you coming in?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, I'm just going to my dorm quick to put my things away." She replied. They others just nodded understandingly and went inside the Hall. Amy turned around and headed for the dungeons.

As predicted, the common room was empty. Once she reached her dorm she quickly threw her case onto her bed and left, knowing she would sort it out later but right now she wanted nothing more than to see Theo.

Once she got back in the Entrance Hall, she could hear the talking inside. She didn't realise how much she missed the buzz of the Great Hall. She walked through the doors and was surprised to see it was fairly empty. She saw Ron on the Gryffindor table looking like he was trying to eat as many chicken wings as he can. On the table on the other side of the room, sat four familiar boys. Amy almost ran over.

From what she could see Blaise and Theo were in a very intense game of Wizards Chess and Enzo and Mattheo were at their sides giving them strategy ideas.

"It's E4 I'm telling you." She heard Mattheo whisper to Theo who currently had their backs to her.

"No, he's too close." Theo whispered back sounding annoyed.

"Make you're move, Nott." Blaise said smirking, knowing he's got him.

Theo ran his hand through his hair and sighed. None of them had even noticed Amy yet and she was starting to get bored. She took a quick scan of the board and smirked.

"D6" she whispered.

"Finally, a good suggestion from you Riddle" Theo said as he moved his piece to that place. He suddenly realised that it was not Mattheos voice as he quickly turned around.

Before she could even process it, she was being hugged and spun around. "What are you doing back already?" Theo asked once he put her down.

"What are you talking about?" Amy asked, confused.

"I thought you would be back tomorrow, with everyone else." He said with a smile.

Amy didn't even realise that they came back early. "I said I'll be back soon." She said with a smile.

"That's a nice necklace you've got on." He commented, looking down at her newest piece of jewellery.

"I could say the same about your ring." She replied, looking down at his hand and looking at a new silver ring on his finger with the same emerald gem on it that she has in her necklace.

"Yeah nice to see you too Griffin." Blaise said

"You didn't miss me too much did you, Blaise?" She asked as she took a seat at the table.

Blaise rolled his eyes and almost laughed. "You know, this has been the best time I've had in ages." He said.

Amy smirked, "You cried every day, didn't you?"

"Did not!" He yelled, sounding annoyed

The rest of them were just laughing at his tantrum. Whilst everyone was taking the piss out of Blaise, Amy looked over to the head table at the end of the room and couldn't help but notice a certain teacher in all pink, staring at her.