chapter thirty-three

The next few days, Amy felt a lot more at ease. Moody had stopped being bitchy, her and the Weasleys  had been getting on surprisingly well and Harry was to arrive later.

She was currently in her Ron's rooms with him and Hermione.

"Amy do you think you will be a prefect?" Hermione asked as she was folding the duvet cover on Ron's messy bed.

"Definitely not, have you seen my friend group?" She replied as she made a paper airplane out of a page she ripped from the daily prophet.

"Well I think me and Harry might have a chance." She said she arranged the pillows.

Amy looked to Ron who was sitting on the floor as he rolled his eyes as though he had heard this conversation a hundred times.

Hermione suddenly stopped and dropped the pillow onto the bed. "Do you hear that?" She asked them quietly.

Amy and Ron looked to each other confused as they did not hear anything.

"Probably just the sound of your ego inflating." Ron mumbled. Amy lightly chuckled to herself as she threw the paper airplane across the room. Suddenly she heard a faint creaking sound outside the door. Apparently Ron did too as he stood up.

The door of the room opened and Amy just about got a look at who it was before Hermione flung herself at him. Harry Potter was standing in the doorway and almost fell over from the sudden impact.

"Harry!" She exclaimed. Which caused Ron's owl, Pigwidgeon, to excitedly zoom around the room.

"Ron, Amy, he's here! We didn't hear you arrive! Oh, how are you? Are you all right? Have you been furious with us? I bet you have, I know our letters were useless - but we couldn't tell you anything, Dumbledore made us swear we wouldn't, oh, we've got so much to tell you, and you've got things to tell us - the Dementors! When we heard - and that Ministry hearing - it's just outrageous, I've looked it all up, they can't expel you, they just cant, there's provision in the Decree for Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery for the use of magic in life- threatening situations -"

"Let him breathe, Hermione." Said Ron, grinning as he closed the door behind Harry.

Still beaming, Hermione let go of Harry, but before she could say another word. Harry noticed the blonde standing behind them. "Amy.." he said softly as he smiled. "Harry." She returned with a small nod and matching smile. "How long have you been here?" He asked. "Only a few days.."

"Dumbledore thought it was best that you didn't receive our letters.." said Hermione rather breathlessly.  Harry just slightly nodded. Amy could tell that the mood inside of him had changed.

"I think he thought you were safest with the Muggles -" Ron began.
"Yeah?" Said Harry, raising his eyebrows. "Have either of you been attacked by Dementors this summer?" He asked aiming the question at the two gryffindors.

"Well, no - but that's why he's had people from the Order of the Phoenix tailing you all the time."

"Didn't work that well, though, did it?" Harry asked. Amy could tell he was doing his upmost to keep his voice even. She knew because she had heard it many times before when her friends argue. "Had to look after myself after all, I guess you did too Amy?" He asked causing everyone to look at her.

She went to answer but knew that this was not her fight and was cut off by Hermione anyway.

"He was so angry," said Hermione, in almost an awestruck voice. "Dumbledore. We saw him. When he found out Mundungus had left before his shift ended. He was scary."