chapter fifty-three

Amy had found herself having a much better time than expected. Sirius's delight at having the house full again with infectious. She had been working tirelessly in the run-up to Christmas Day, cleaning and decorating the house and by the time they all went to bed on Christmas Eve the house was barely recognisable. The tarnished chandeliers were no longer hung with cobwebs but with garlands of holly and gold and silver streamers; magical snow glittered in heaps over the threadbare carpets; a great Christmas tree decorated with live fairies, blocked Sirius's family tree from view. However, she still wanted nothing more than to return to Hogwarts and see Theo.

Amy awoke on Christmas morning to find a stack of presents at the foot of her bed and Hermione sitting up and stretching. "Merry Christmas Amy." She said as she spotted her awake.

"Merry Christmas Hermione." She replied as she yawned.

"Let's open our presents." The brunette said as she got up from her bed and sat on the floor next to her pile. With Amy doing the same and she almost jumped when she saw Ginny sitting at the end of her bed.

"How long have you been there?" Amy asked.

"That doesn't matter, can we get opening now?" She asked impatiently.

Amy took the first present she saw which happened to be from Hermione. She carefully unwrapped it to see a homework planner. She looked up to see Hermione watching her with a smile. "Oh! Uh- Thanks Hermione..I needed one of these." She said.

Amy suddenly felt very bad as she realised that she hadn't got anyone there any presents but no one seemed to take any notice.

She opened more of her presents and she got the usual sweets and candles from Enzo. Mattheo had gifted her some books to add to her collection, and Blaise had given her some expensive perfumes that he got from his trip to Italy. Iris tends to give her muggle things and this year she gave her a Polaroid camera and some hair and makeup products.

Sirius and Lupin had given her a set of excellent books titled 'Practical Defensive Magic and it's Use Against the Dark Arts.' Which had cool moving colour illustrations of all of the counter-jinxes and hexes it described.

Harry and Ron had also given her a bundle of sweets and treats. She unwrapped the biggest present to see an knitted green sweater with a giant "A" on it. She looked slightly confused until Ginny spoke up.

"Mum finally gave you a sweater, welcome to the club." She said as he held up a red jumper with a 'G' on it. "This is my fourth one." She said.

Amy was grateful for all of the presents from her friends.

"Amy you have one more." Hermione said as she passed her a neatly wrapped box. It had no label, but it didn't need to, Amy knew who it was from. She carefully opened it and felt both of the girls eyes on her. Once the paper was ripped off she saw a small black box and took the lid off. Inside was a silver necklace with a silver pendant and in the centre there was a small 'T'. Amy smiled to herself as she looked at it.

"Amy that's beautiful." Hermione said, also admiring the necklace.

"Did he get you that other one that you wear?" Ginny asked. To which Amy nodded to.

"He knows I have a thing for necklaces." Amy replied

"That's so cute, it makes me sick." Ginny said causing Amy to throw a pillow at her.

Hermione then started to get up as she grabbed another present. "I'm off to give Kreacher his gift." She said as she walked out of the room.

Amy and Ginny turned to each other with the same face. "She's insane." Ginny stated and Amy couldn't disagree. "Come on," she said, "let's go down for breakfast."