chapter sixty-one

"I'm sure he'll be fine." Iris told her.

The following morning, Amy purposely took her time getting ready so she could think about what to say to Theo, so the two were now walking through the castle later. 

"Did you see how pissed he was?" She asked, "How pissed they all were."

"They'll get over it." Iris reassured. Amy wanted to believe her. However she was pulled away from her thoughts as she saw a herd of people watching Filch hang up a new decree. She couldn't see what it said over everyone's heads and tried balancing on her tiptoes.

"Need a boost?" She looked over her shoulder to see Theo watching her with an amused look.

"I don't think I want to see what it says." She replied with a smile.

"Yeah I don't think you do." Blaise said as he joined them.

There was lots of unhappy faces in the crowd which just made her want to see it even more. Everyone starting piling out of the Entrance Hall and Amy finally got a glance at what it said.

BY ORDER OF THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC

Dolores Jane Umbridge (High Inquisitor) has replaced Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

This above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-eight.

Amy was beyond angry. Angry that Umbridge got her own way, angry that Dumbledore had left them with her and angry that the Ministry had allowed this.

"That's exactly what I needed just before our exams." Iris said sarcastically.

"It's just going to get worse isn't it." Amy said, thinking out loud. Causing the whole group to sadly agree as they headed out of the Hall. However, from the corner of her eye she saw someone stay behind. She turned around and wasn't surprised in the slightest when she saw it was Theo. He was looking at her and hoping that she would get what he was hinting at.

Without a word, she walked straight over to him. "Time for our talk then?" She asked already knowing the answer.

"Seems like we have this talk a lot, doesn't it." He replied softly. Amy couldn't help looking down and feeling bad.

"I'm sorry." She said straight away, "I should have told you about it - no, I shouldn't have joined actually because then none of this would have happened and you wouldn't hate me right now." She rambled.

"Hey, slow down love." He interrupted to stop her overthinking. "I don't hate you."

She just stared at him wordlessly, then blinked. "You don't?"

He just laughed and shook his head. "Of course I don't."

Amy was just confused. "But I-"

"I know, but I done the same thing last year" He said as he looked down with regret.

Amy didn't know what he was referencing until she remembered her father.

"So..we even now?" She asked with a smirk.

He looked back up and met her gaze. "We're even". He said as he ruffled her hair. "Hey!" she protested as she tried to swat his hand away. He just threw his arm over her shoulder as the two walked out of the Hall.