two

{ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛᴇʟʟ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʀᴏɢꜱ }
word count:
1368
warnings ⚠️: explicit language, mentions of abuse

{ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛᴇʟʟ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʀᴏɢꜱ }word count:1368warnings ⚠️: explicit language, mentions of abuse

SILAS KNEW about Merle being left behind due to his boisterous and obnoxious behavior. Merle Dixon is a racist, sexist, homophobic, Xenophobic, bigoted redneck who Silas didn't care much for. Daryl Dixon however gave her a sense of security her father never gave her.

She cared about Daryl and unfortunately for him he was beginning to care for her, but it also meant that Merle did too— and she hated that. Although he made incredibly crude comments about her body and what he'd do to her if she was older, Daryl made it incredibly crystal clear that he was to never look at her or talk to her like.

Merle called him soft and Daryl flipped him off, and that was that.

Carol warned the girl to stay away from the men but she of course never listened to her mother, although the older rednecks comments almost made her retreat.

Silas had knew from an obvious standpoint that Ezra and Carl's dad was going to go back into the city to get Merle with Daryl. She could tell that leaving Merle had left an imprint on his conscious, and she could see it was eating at him as Shane had practically begged him to stay.

The oldest Peletier daughter found herself making her down to the lake at the bottom of the quarry where her mother and the other women in the group were doing laundry, after the group had left back to Atlanta. Silas didn't have an opinion on it though. Not that it mattered wether or not she did, no one would listen or care.

She thought that while she didn't exactly like Merle, she felt like Rick shouldn't have been so eager to get back there as if he didn't just reunite with his loved ones.

She didn't give it much thought as she finally reached the women. Carol was the first to notice the girl, and after she greeted her daughter, a chorus of "Hey, Silas" followed.

"Hey sweetheart," Silas gave everyone a hello or a wave as her mom pulled a crate over and flipped it, patting it as she looked up at her eldest.

Silas took off her shoes and socks, rolling her jeans up to her knees before sitting on the crate.

"So, little Miss Silas," Andrea, the blonde woman called out. Silas looked up from the shirt she was currently washing to the older woman, with a continue look on her face. "Your mom tells us you're an overachiever. How's that like?"

The girl shrugged, turning her attention back to the shirt in her hands.

"It was... okay, I guess? I don't really know, I just did whatever I could to stay out of the house as long as I could."

They all gave her pitied looks, except for Carol who looked down in shame.

"But, I also had big plans to go to college. Y'know? For the experience." They all nodded in understanding.

"These washboards aren't as good as my old Maytag back home." Carol suddenly said, and Silas breathed out a sigh of relief. The attention was finally off of her.

The women around her started sharing what they missed that the apocalypse took from them. It all ranged from a coffee maker, to cellphones and texting, a washing system, and even Silas had piped in to say she missed playing in soccer games.

Everything else Silas blocked out until Andrea muttered something totally unexpected.

"I miss my vibrator." The women around bursted into fits of laughter, while Silas stared at the woman wide eyed. "Me too." The laughter got louder as Silas turned to her mother in disgust.

"I am right here mom!" She laughed, still totally grossed out and disturbed.

The laughing died down when the sound of Ed Peletier ruined their laugh session.

"What's so funny?" He questioned and his voice ran chills up the girls spine. The redhead bent her head over slightly, using her fingers to brush her hair into a ponytail, securing it with the elastic band around her wrist.

"Just swapping war stories, Ed." Andrea told him annoyedly, rolling her eyes.

Silas watched the scene unfold in front of her as her father approached her and her mother. "Is there a problem, Ed?"

"None that concerns you. And you two ought'to get your work done faster, if you stop screwin' around maybe you could. This ain't no damn comedy club."

"Maybe we'd finish faster if you'd help. Here. You can do your own laundry." Andrea tossed his shirt to him but he flung it back, causing the wet fabric to slap her in the face.

"Ain't my job missy."

"What is your job, Ed? Sitting on your ass all day smoking cigarettes?" The older blonde questioned him sarcastically. That's all ED ever did.

Knock his family around and smoke cigarettes.

"Sure ain't listening to some smart mouthed uppity bitch. I'll tell you that. Both of you, let's go." Silas stood up, Jacqui pulling the girl behind her and Amy as he was about a half yard away from grabbing either one of them, and she really couldn't take another beating.

"I don't think either one of them need to go anywhere with you, Ed." Andrea defended. Silas knew this would end bad, she just was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

"I say it's none of your business. Come on now, you heard me." Carol grabbed Silas' wrist, bringing her towards her side. "Andrea please. It doesn't matter," Carol whispered to the blonde who did her best to persuade Carol not to go.

"Don't think I won't knock you on your ass. Just cause you some college educated cooze. Now y'all come on now, or you gon regret it later."

"So they can end up with fresh bruises later, Ed? Yeah we've seen em'." Jacqui said. Silas attempted to back away from him, but she stopped when Carol wouldn't let go.

"Okay, y'all don't wanna keep prodding the bull here, okay. Now I am done talking, come on." He grabbed Carols bicep , which yanked Silas closer.

The young girl got between her mother and father pushing them apart. "Daddy stop it—"

"You don't tell me what, I tell you what!" Ed strikes Carol across the face, grabbing Silas by her neck and shoving the women away with his forearm. Jacqui and Amy grabbed Carol, protecting her from falling while Andrea tried to pry Ed's fingers away from Silas' neck. Her only being 4'11 and her dad being 6 foot, her feet were dangling off the ground as she kicked the air beneath to try and rest her feet on the ground.

Her face was turning blue, before a body came up behind her, wrapping an arm around her body. She didn't know what happen next as she fought for air, but the next thing she knew she was free and her father was being dragged away.

Shane began beating Ed's face in with his fist, as the women watched a few feet away.

Andrea and Amy were kneeled over Silas as she coughed out painfully. Carol cried as she watched from her daughters side as Shane beat Ed nearly to death.

They yelled at Shane to stop, and he stopped momentarily to bring Ed up close to him.

"You ever put your hands on Silas, or your wife, or your other little girl like that again, and I will not stop next time. I'll beat you to death, Ed. I'll beat you to death."

Silas watched the attack as she held her neck in pain, coughing for air. She wished Shane would have killed him. She wished he hadn't stopped.

Shane stood up and began walking over towards the women who looked at him in shocks and fear. Stopping near Silas, Shane kneeled down, looking at the fingerprints on her neck before getting into a squatted position, lifting the girl up into his arms bridal style before heading back to camp.

Carol was comforting Ed, as if he didn't just choke out their daughter and in that moment Silas had made up her mind.