fourteen

{ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɴ... ʙᴏɴɴɪᴇ, ᴄʟʏᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏ.}

word count:
1880
trigger warnings ⚠️:
Talk of Shane Walsh

Daryl Dixon shot a walker with one of his arrows, the group watching it fall to the ground

Daryl Dixon shot a walker with one of his arrows, the group watching it fall to the ground. They had already been there for about 30 minutes, and waiting any longer would be dangerous. They had to go. Lori and Rick couldn't just leave their son, and Daryl, Glenn and Maggie couldn't leave Silas, but they were gonna have to make a decision.

But fortunately five minutes later they wouldn't need to, as Ezra's jeep pulled up, right in front of them.

Ezra hopped out, running to his family, picking up his brother first. Glenn and Maggie were the first ones to notice the passenger side of Ezra's Jeep open, as some legs followed by one foot missing a shoe slid out of it and onto the ground. Silas limped towards the front of the jeep, the two adults running to her at full speed. Glenn lifted her into his arms, hugging Maggie and her close to his chest.

"Never sneak out again," Maggie scolded only half-playfully. Silas just wrapped both her arms around the two who were quickly joined by Beth and Hershel.

"I'm glad you're okay, Silas, but It's time for us all to go, guys." Rick warned them, and everyone nodded as the five finally released each other from their hug. Rick walked up to the girl, his hand going to her cheek as they looked each other in the eyes. Silas nodded at Rick and he nodded back, hugging her for a small moment before walking back to get into his own car.

"Come on shortness, let me help you up." The girl turned to Ezra who was smiling down at her, before playfully rolling her eyes. "I literally hate your existence," Silas said in her hoarse voice, again rolling her eyes at him when he picked her up bridal style.

The group rode in four separate vehicles, three cars and Daryl's motorcycle to a destination unknown.

Daryl led the way, followed by the green Hyundai driven by Glenn, with Ezra's jeep behind it but in front of the truck being driven by Rick.  A honk from behind the jeep caused all four vehicles to come to a stop. It was a signal between them that the car Rick, Lori, T-dog and Carl were in was almost out of gas.

"You need help out?" Silas shook her head 'No', hopping out of the tall truck, and wrapping the blanket around her shoulders tighter. Her clothes were still kinda damp and with winter sneaking up on them, she was beginning to freeze with only Ezra's flannel to keep her warm underneath.

Silas slammed the door shut, limping towards the group.

"We can't all fit in two cars," Glenn told Rick who looked to be on the verge of a breakdown. He needed sometime to think and with everyone poking holes in all his calls and decisions he was beginning to get flustered and frustrated.