thirteen

{ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ɴᴏ ꜱʜᴀʀᴋꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴀ ʜᴀʟꜰ-ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ}

word count:
3003
trigger warnings ⚠️:
Mention of drowning, physical violence, Shane Walsh

*everything but the knife*
*and it is all soaked*

"RICK! Rick!" Shane began his acting charade as he marched back into the camp's property, everyone's attention turning to him

"What happened?" Asked a concerned Lori as she analyzed his broken and bleeding nose.

"They're armed! They're armed and they've got my gun!" He yelled as he approached them, everyone looking in disbelief.

"Are you okay?" "Where's Silas?!" Carl and Ezra asked simultaneously.

"I'm fine. Those little bastards just snuck up on me. Jumped me, got me right in the face. Silas broke the prisoner free, said she forgave him. I tried to stop her, talk to her she just swiped me across the face with her nails."

"Alright Hershel, T-dog. Get everybody back to the house. Glenn, Daryl you come with us!" Rick ordered. The two men got ready as they began stepping up. "T, I'm gonna need that gun."

"Just let him, go. That was the plan, wasn't it? To just let him go?" Carol asked, her voice easing in concern. Was her daughter really out with her own tormentor? "The plan was to cut him loose far away from here, not on our front step with Silas and a gun," Rick snapped at her, loading his own gun. "He's got my daughter with him. Don't go out there something bad could happen!"

"Get everybody back to the house. Lock all the doors. And stay put!"

"I followed them as far as I could. They caught onto me, jumped me from behind, I saw them hike it up that way before I blacked out," Shane explained to them as soon as they reached the clearing.

Daryl looked around at the ground, noticing the drag marks and the markings in the ground that indicated there was a struggle right where they stood. He took notice of the blood droplets that veered off opposite to what Shane was telling them. He knew that something wasn't right.

"They couldn't have gotten far. They're both hobbled, exhausted," Rick mentioned before Glenn added. "And armed."

"So are we. Can you track either of em'?" Rick looked to Daryl who was studying the ground big time. He saw a lot, but noticing the small glimpse of deceit in Shane's eyes kept him quiet.

"No, I don't see nothing." "Hey, look there ain't no use in tracking them. They went that way. We need to pair up and spread out, we just chase them down. That's it," Shane suggested, and Daryl threw him a look.

"The boy weighs a buck-25 soaking wet. And the girl is like four feet, and sporting several different injuries. You tryna tell us they got the jump on you?" Daryl accuses. "I say a rock pretty much evens those odds, wouldn't you?" Shane bit back, ready to step up and fight before Rick deescalated the situation.