seven

{ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ; ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʟʏ}
word count;
2651
warnings ⚠️: explicit language, death, blood

{ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ; ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʟʏ}word count;2651warnings ⚠️: explicit language, death, blood

BACK AT THE HIGHWAY

"It's late. Gonna be dark soon." Carol spoke fearfully. The sun had began to set, and it was getting dark out, but Sophia and Silas had yet to make it back to camp.

"They'll find them, Carol. Silas is smart, they'll survive." Ezra attempted to reassure the woman even if he was trying more to convince himself. Ezra watched the railing the girls had disappeared over earlier that day, hoping that Sophia and Silas would be found soon, but he was losing hope.

The group was all in worry for the defenseless little girls lost in the forest, possibly even dead. Everyone knew that Silas would go to the ends of the earth to protect Sophia, even though she was way smaller than the average sized walker.

Sophia was too innocent for the new world they lived in now and had she been out there alone, she probably wouldn't have made it without someone to protect her. But she isn't alone, she's got her protective older sister who'd die to save her sister.

"Oh God, they're back." Glenn announced catching Carol's attention and snapping Ezra from his intrusive thoughts.

"You didn't find her?" Carol was about to start sobbing, her worry increasing more at the lack of girls behind the two men. "Their trail went cold. We'll pick it up again at first light." Rick told/corrected her. "You can't leave Sophia out there on her own to spend the night alone in the woods!" Carol exasperated.

"Sophia is not alone. She's got Silas with her. She single handedly saved us all at the cdc. I'm sure the both of them are just fine. And us being out in that dark's no good. We'd just be tripping over ourselves. More people'll get lost." Daryl explained.

"Silas is short. And weak, and possibly hungry and tired. She can't protect them both." She argued, Ezra furrowing his brows. Did she not care about her eldest being lost?

"You didn't find anything?" Carol questioned, calming herself down to speak. "I know this is hard. But I am asking you not to panic. We know they was out there." The former sheriff said trying to keep the woman calmed.

"And we tracked em' for a while," Daryl added in hopes that it would ease the mothers mind. "We have to make this an organized effort. Daryl knows the woods better than anybody, I've asked him to oversee this." Rick voiced, taking charge.

"Is— Is that blood?" Carol fearfully pointed out. "We took down a walker.." Rick informed, looking at the mother with a guilty glint in his eye. "A walker? Oh my God." Carol covered her mouth. Tears spilling from her eyes.

"There was no sign it was ever anywhere near Silas or Sophia." He quickly told informed. "How can you know that?" Andrea countered, getting a look from both men.