three

{ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴠᴀᴛᴏꜱ}
word count:
1988
warnings ⚠️: explicit language, mentions of abuse, death and gore

Silas laid in the RV clutching her neck gently and sucking in slight gasps for air as silent tears rolled down her face

Silas laid in the RV clutching her neck gently and sucking in slight gasps for air as silent tears rolled down her face. It hurt to swallow and it hurt to speak, not that she spoke much anyway.

Everyone from the camp came at different  times to checkup on her and bring her anything she needed. Obviously she couldn't speak up to tell them she was fine but that wouldn't have stopped the group anyway.

She had been left alone for about two hours now. She was supposed to be getting some rest but she couldn't.

Her mind was racing with panic. He could have killed her. Silas had never been suicidal before. She had always wanted to be a success story that her sister could look up to. That's why she played 12 sports, and maintained her A/B honor roll. She didn't ever let killing herself become an option or an idea that she entertained.

But that was before the world ended. Now those thoughts never left her mind, especially since nature gave her father more tools to abuse her with.

Silas had begun to ware down, her eyes closing as she attempted to fall asleep. Keyword... attempted.

The door to the RV opened and footsteps ran in towards her.

"Shh. Guys, she's still sleeping. Let's let her rest up." It was Carl and Sophia running in and who she correctly assumed was Ezra, telling them not to disturb her. "But we miss her!" Carl exclaimed.

Silas smiled lightly, slowly rising from the bed.

"Silas!" Sophia gasped, rushing into her sisters arms.

"Hey So," Silas kissed Sophia's head, wincing when Carl sat in the middle of the bed at Silas' feet, as he looked up at his older brother. Ezra smiled at Carl reassuringly as he watched the Peletier girls have a moment.

The older Grimes son's eyes lingered on the auburn haired girl. She had a spitfire personality, but a heart full of gold, and that fascinated the boy with curly hair.

His nose flared at the bruises around her throat, taking in each one. His eyes traveled up her face, taking every aspect in of her beauty to remember. Her eyes were focused down onto her sisters hand that was drawing hearts with her finger onto Silas' palm, as he listened to her and Carl talking about his attempt to catch frogs, and how he and Sophia got to help clean some fish with Shane.

"Is your neck okay?" This question caused Ezra to stand up straight as his eyes widened.

"Carl! Bro, you can't ask her stuff like that—"

"It's fine, Ezra. It's doing better now, Carl. I thank you for asking." Silas scooted over some, Sophia following suit. "Come sit next to us."

Carl got up and sat next to Silas on the left as Sophia had crawled over the girl, making the oldest in the middle.