eighteen

"I still can't believe your little brother tried to rat us out," Silas said as she walked down the corridor with Ezra, her gun at the ready

"Yeah, he can be a real butthead sometimes." Ezra was embarrassed at the fact his little brother narced out on him like that, but he knew there was no point in holding it against him. Besides, the two teens weren't even mad, they knew their time together in the cell was innocent.

"We're here."

"I thought you guys were organizing the food." Glenn said confused as to where the two just came from, as the cell door creaked and they walked in.

"Even better." Ezra said as they walked into the cell Hershel laid fighting for his life, dropping the bags. Lori and Carol both gasping, as they started going through it, taking out the supplies and using them on Hershel.

"Where'd you guys get this from?" Carol asked, acting fast as she covered his wound.

"The infirmary. We cleared it out." Silas said and all of their heads except for Carol who was wrapping his severed leg in gauze. The woman still felt the scolding she wanted to give rise up.

"The two of you went by yourselves?" Lori asked.

"Yeah." Ezra said with a small smile.

"Are you crazy?" Maggie asks Silas breathlessly, looking the girl dead in the eyes.

"Lil' bit. But at least we cleared it out." Silas said and Ezra pinched the back of her thigh.

"Sorry." She whispered, knowing she wasn't but she was pushing a lot of buttons. "We killed a couple walkers. It was no biggie."

"No biggie?" Maggie whispered quietly.

"Alright do you two see this? This was with the whole group." Lori said.

"Well we needed supplies so we got them." Silas said to her.

"Well I appreciate that—" Maggie began but Silas cut her off.

"Then get of my back!" She yelled and Ezra turned to chastise her.

"Okay babe, just chill."

"Silas! She was just worried about you, you can't talk to her like that." Beth said and he just looked upset. "Look I think it's great that you guys want to help..."

Silas scoffed, leaving the cell and most likely went back to her own.

"She'll come around. The way we saw it, there were two options, sit and do nothing, or go and do something." The freckle faced boy told the adults, and his mother just stared at him in disbelief.

"You know better, Ezra." She said and he nodded and left to go after Silas.

He opened the cell door and saw his girlfriend sitting on their bunk. "Hey, I get that you were upset but Maggie was just worried, ok? She's still like your mom. You've got to cherish what time you have with her because one day you won't see her again." The boy said as he looked at her.

"Maggie is amazing, and I love her but she is not my mother. Mine couldn't have cared less if she tried." She whisper-yelled, almost like she was angry. "They think we're kids."

"Cause we kinda are. Look no matter what we'll never finish growing up the way we were meant to, but we are still just two teenaged-kids. We've been forced to grow up because of what happened, but look on the bright side, you've got me and I'm not going nowhere anytime soon, ya' hear?" Ezra tells the girl who just stands up and dives in his arms hugging his torso. They both needed it.

A half an hour later the two found themselves pacing the lengths of the main living area together.

Rick came towards the gate and Silas grabbed her set of keys off the table, as Ezra, Carl and her approached the gate. "Don't. I just came to check on you three." He said and Silas nodded at his words and hooked the keys back onto her jeans.

"We're fine, dad. You guys stay safe." The freckled face boy said and walked back to the table. Silas followed suit, after giving Rick a fist bump through the iron gate 

The Grimes sons had stayed out in the living area, Silas telling them she needed to go lay down for a few. After a bit of convincing, Ezra had been persuaded to stay put. She snuck out passed him and Glenn who was caught in a conversation at the front, and went out the cell door, thankfully it made no noise.

She walked through the corridors of the prison back towards the infirmary, only having to kill two walkers on the way.

Silas entered the room, pushing passed the lab door that read Phlebotomy on the glass, and walking over towards the table. They used to donate blood in this room and she knew that because of the signs that lead it's way in here. There was one lone walker in there but she was stuck at the door and she was to weak to do anything, so Silas effortlessly threw her knife and her head fell to the ground with a small thud.

"You're only as good as you want to be."