seventeen

{ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ɴᴏ ʟᴇɢ ʟᴜᴄᴋ}

Ezra loved her. Ezra really loved her.

But did she know that? Of course she did, deep down,  but were they moving too fast?

"Yes, Rick?" The girls asked as she met him, T-dog, and Daryl outside the cell block. She walked up to them and took her hair out of its disgustingly messy bun and put it into a high ponytail.

"We wanted to come up with a game plan for the morning. We're gonna go find the cafeteria and clear out as much from here to there as possible ." He explained and she nodded at the plan, still unsure of what he needed from her. Maybe he needed advice, which she was more than happy to give. She loved her new appointed position amongst the group.

"Well first if you just go around here blindly exploring, something totally bad could happen so wanting to fortify a game plan idea was smart. And second, if you want to go anywhere without getting lost, I think by using something as a marker of some kind might be the best solution. Like spray paint or Walker blood, or using the bodies and using like these little flags." She said picking up a small flag from the bag by the table, tossing it onto the pile.

"How do you mean?" Rick questioned, watching the girl as she hoisted herself onto the metal table.

"Like if you see a walker. Actually make sure it's dead-dead before you get too close to it, and then stick it in it's chest or somethin'." The girl said rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Right like breadcrumbs to find our way back." Rick inquired and the girl nodded. "Exactly. But you're smart enough to have come up with all that without the input of myself. So why'd you ask for my opinion?" The girl asked twirling

"You know I find it hard to believe you were somebodies punching bag before all this. When I first met you, you were this quiet little thing, and now you're calling shots. It's amazing to see the growth you've shown." T-Dog complimented but the girl just shrugged, remaining humble. "Because I trust your opinion," Rick said truthfully, and the girl looked up to meet his eye.

"I think we've all experienced a little growing up this past year. Not like any of us had much choice in the matter, regardless of age or lack of parental guidance and an abundance of abuse and negligence from our pasts. Things are different now. Fear is a luxury we cannot afford." She said and at that Daryl chuckled playfully, being the only one to get her dark humor joke. "Okay mini genius, now what else do you think?" Daryl asked.

"I know that there's always an emergency bag under the warden officers desk and they keep it hidden for obvious reasons but there should be some stuff like spray paint. And in the morning you can get that bag and maybe take the riot gear and helmets from the dead guys. And also speaking of, we need to get rid of the bodies. I think we should burn them. It's too many holes to dig and we don't need to take a chance and spoiling our soul." Said Silas as she crossed her arms over her chest loosely and the archer looked at her nodding.