six

{ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴇꜱ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ}
word count:
2606

warnings ⚠️: explicit language, lost children, blood

Two days later the group had been on the road, making their way towards Fort Benning, much to Silas Peletiers' dismay

Carol had been adamant that Silas stay as close to her as possible, after the cdc fiasco. After being locked away from her eldest at the cdc, and almost being killed she didn't want to risk losing either child, and she wanted to soak up as much time with both of her kids as possible. So she made Silas get into the Cherokee with herself and the rest of the Grimes family, even though there was hardly any room. She did so, only being too exhausted to argue.

She had pushed all the duffel bags to one side of the trunk and laid her upper body on top of them. Carol of course objected to it, calling it unsafe, but Rick was able to talk her into letting the girl lay back there.

Silas stared at the cars ceiling so long she was beginning to see stars. She didn't mind though. Her mind was doing 100mph anyway and the celestial body of the ceilings atmosphere was a good distraction from the hell going on outside the vehicle.

The Grimes family had been talking about their trip to the Grand Canyon when Carl and Ezra were babies. Silas couldn't find it in her to respond or even listen, as life was seeming to catch up to her the closer to fort benning the group got.

"... We'd never go anywhere without you, your mom or your sister. That's a promise." That was the only thing Silas had caught from that conversation. From the reflection on the bed of the suv, Silas could see Rick's eyes flicker up to the rear view, where the two had locked eyes. Rick nodded his head down softly, Silas looking back down to her lap.

The group had made it to a highway, being stopped by a big truck blocking the road, and that was just before the RV's radiator hose blew out.

People began filing out of their vehicles, all but Silas who had stayed put. "Silas, come on," Sophia told her sister as she climbed out of the truck. The rear window opened up, and a hand was held out to her. Reluctantly, Silas grabbed it allowing Rick to help her up. He grabbed her body bridal style, grabbing her out and setting her onto her feet.

"Thanks."

"Can't find a radiator hose here." Shane admitted but daryl disagreed.

"There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find."

Ezra walked over to Silas, checking on her which she became annoyed with.