five

{ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴛꜱ-19}
word count:
3616
warnings ⚠️: explicit language, fainting

{ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴛꜱ-19}word count:3616warnings ⚠️: explicit language, fainting

With hesitant steps, the group slowly entered the building.

"Daryl, you cover the back." Shane told the bowman, causing the man to set the small girl down, as Ezra came up behind her, a gun in his hand.

Silas walked into the building behind Rick, her bag on her back, as they looked around.

"Hello?" Rick called out. The sound of gun being cocked wa shears and the group turned pointing their own weapons at a man who stood in the entry with a rifle.

"Anyone infected?" He questioned.
"One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick informed.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" The man prodded as he sizes up the group.

"A chance," Silas answered for them, eliciting a look from them all. "That's asking an awful lot these days."

"We know." Rick said. The doctor looks at everyone as he mulls over the idea. "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission." He informs.

"We can do that." Rick said.

"You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes it stays closed." The men run out to grab their belongings before following Jenner into an elevator.

"VI, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here."

"Rick Grimes. This is my partner, Silas." Rick introduced, winking at the girl with hazel eyes. He puts his hand out for the man to shake, he only looks away, his hand still on his gun.

"Dr. Edwin Jenner" he introduced.

"Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Daryl asked rhetorically.

"There was plenty left lying around. I familiarized myself. But you all look harmless enough."

Jenner looked down to Carl, "Except you. I'll have to keep my eye on you." Carl smiles back at the doctor, and Jenner chuckles.

When he looks towards Silas' grim expression the smile on his face as one of emotion and sorrow crosses his own features.

Once the elevator opened up on a floor, Jenner leads the group down a corridor, before he could even think to ask her.

"Are we uhm... Underground?" Carol gulped, nervously. "Are you claustrophobic?" The doctor raised an eyebrow at the the older woman in question.