eleven

{ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘʀɪꜱᴏɴᴇʀ, ᴍʏ ᴛᴏʀᴍᴇɴᴛᴏʀ}

word count:
3538

warnings ⚠️: explicit language, mentions of suicide, a vivid flashback of sexual assault/ a beating

*you've been advised*

[DALE HORVATH DOES NOT DIE THIS EPISODE]

"Uh-oh. I think I'm in trouble." Silas was nowhere near back to normal, especially after last night. She was completely exhausted and her mental battery was extremely low, but she didn't want Ezra to see her be so weak, so she attempted to crack a joke. Ezra didn't laugh though, he was dead serious.

"Ezra, what's wrong?" She subconsciously put her own hand on his, which was now gripping her non-hurt knee.

"Last night... Glenn, Hershel, my dad, and I were in the middle of a shootout. Glenn and I were supposed to get to the car and Hershel and my dad were supposed to cover us." Silas' eyebrows narrowed, her posture straightening. "What? Are you guys okay?"

"Everyone's fine, Silas. I just really need you to listen. A bullet hit the wall right near Glenn's head and it bounced off and grazed my ear and we both froze. We were scared, for very similar reasons. I realized I could have died twice last night, and there were so many things that flashed through my mind. Things I've wanted to do for a long time that I haven't had the guts or guile to do." Silas remained silent as she held onto each word he spoke in adoration.

"Silas I really really like you. I-I've tried to suppress my feelings, and I tried to remain the close male friend because that's what you need more, but I just can't anymore. I can't go a second without you on my mind, and when you and Sophia got lost in the woods it felt like I was tied to a boulder and was thrown into a lake to drown. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep. The thought of you being alive out there was what got me to get it together the last two days before you were finally found."

"I am in love with you, and I know I'm too young to know what love feels like but I know you are the one I love."

Silas stared at the boy in front of her, mouth agape and tears pooling in her eyes.

"Ezra, I— I don't know what that kind of love feels like." For like the 100th time her lip trembled and tears rolled down her cheeks. "Well let me show you." Silas smiled at him, her dimple showing itself.

"Okay." She shook her head and Ezra felt a weight leave his chest. "Yeah?" "Yeah."

"Thank god, I was so worried you'd say no!" Ezra hugged her tightly, her hugging back as tight as she could.