Chapter 10 : Fire Vs Water

March 20th, X524 (10:50 AM)
Magnolia downtown

     Runing through the unfamiliar streets of Magnolia, following the lion zodiac spirit, Lucy was ful of worries, "There's something wrong with Leo," she told Juvia. They followed him immediately as soon as the lion ran out of the manor. It was easy for them to sneak out of the heavily-guarded Scarlet Manor- just jumped down from the backyard wall. Although Lucy felt sorry for the guards that they might get punished if Madam Irene found out that she left the manor, her mind told her that she had better follow her spirit. Fortunately, her outfit was a white blouse and green knee-length skirt, instead of a big princess dress. So, she didn't need to change into the comfortable cloth before sneaking out, and she could run faster.

"First of all, he was thinking something seriously while eating pancakes. Then he left quickly without telling me what had happened. And the last, where exactly does he want to go and what does he want to check?" They still hadn't found him after finding him for more than twenty minutes. Lucy could use her lion key as a tracer using her magic, which Leo taught her to trace him in Crocus since he didn't want to make her worried. Right now, the said lion seemed like he had been running through every street in Magnolia.

"Leo runs very fast," Juvia commented, "Lucy can have a rest if she's tired. Juvia can search Leo."

"Thank you, Ju. I'm fine. Besides, we need celestial spirit magic to trace him," Lucy smiled at her best friend.

• • • • •

10:55 AM

      Two girls came to a stop when a crowd was in their sight, and Lucy knew that her lion spirit was near them. Her guess was correct when the girls heard a familiar roar. "Leo!" Lucy whispered as she walked forward and joined the audience, "Excuse me," she said politely.

      A girl with dark pink hair, wearing a cat ears hairband, moved to the left side so that the blonde could stand beside her. Juvia was standing behind Lucy. The girls saw that Leo was attacked by a beautiful white-haired young woman. Lucy grabbed her whip's dark brown handle as she was ready to fight whoever harmed her spirit. Juvia gripped the blonde's hand and shook her head, "Wait. Leo is strong."

      Lucy knew what Juvia was worried about. Right now, she wasn't Lucy Heart... she was Princess Lucelia and she had to be cautious to avoid any problems. Though she couldn't stand her spirit getting bullied, she nodded and continued to watch the battle.

     Suddenly, the lady in the red dress used her teleport magic and reappeared in front of Leo in the blink of an eye. Leo was kicked and thrown backwards, which caused him to fall onto the ground. The girl swung her whip and attacked the lion again.

      The celestial spirit mage jumped quickly, at the same time, she extended her maroon whip. The brownish-red rope was quickly replaced by the appearance of flowing water, and the orange-white light twisting around the blue stream. The beautiful blue whip intertwined with the brown leather whip, and the lion stood up quickly.

     Lucy stood, facing Mirajane, and glared at the older girl. 'I never let my spirit hurt,' she thought. "Are you okay, Leo?" She asked her beloved lion spirit who was now standing beside her. The lion nodded in response.

• • • • •

      Mirajane looked at the blonde calmly and pulled her handle hard, and as a result, the leather rope was freed from the blue whip-like something. "Step back. This lion harmed my sister. I'm going to kill it."

"I apologize for my friend's mistake. I sincerely hope you can forgive him," Lucy said in a polite way. Anyway, it was Leo's fault that he stretched her sister's arm. Based on what these girls' outfits, they were from a noble family. Besides, she, as in princess identity, shouldn't make a big scene in the downtown. But still, she felt like everyone here was watching them, afterall, they were dragged into a big fight which was already attention-seeking since the start?