Chapter 46 : Royal Banquet

June 1st, X524 (6 PM)
Royal Ballroom, Royal Palace, Crocus

"Presenting this honored guest, Miss Levy from McGarden Family," the loud announcement broke the noise in the ballroom. All of the attention was focused on a young bluenette wearing a light-yellow gown, and a set of orange diamond jewelry. Her shoulder-length wavy hair was wrapped in a glittering headband made of yellow small gemstones.

"Here she comes... Levy McGarden, a lonely hypocrite."

"Or should we say Lucelia-sama's maid?"

*giggles*

"Exactly, it's a pity that Miss-know-it-all lost her moral support."

      Levy ignored those comments as she continued walking. She stood near the corner of the room alone, ignoring these unwelcoming glances which were directed at her as soon as she stepped into the ballroom. Why couldn't they tell bad about her behind her instead of telling it in front?

       Being the only best friend of the Royal Princess always brought her many unnecessary attention, nonsense gossip, jealous glances, and mean behaviors from other noble young ladies. It was normal in her society, and she was now immune to all of these negative topics, and their mocking only made her annoyed.

"She clearly aims for the crown princess position."

      In the public's eyes, she was a hypocritical villain who wanted to marry the prince. It might be true that she was a hypocrite; she dared to say what she believed, and she dared to do what she thought she was right, and Levy McGarden was always right. Because of this, she was assumed as a troublemaker villain. Of course, she didn't care what others thought.

       However, there was one wrong thing. They  said, 'She wanted to marry the prince?' NO WAY, His Highness Sting Eucliffe was not her ideal type of boyfriend.

"Haha," honey-coated laughter echoed through the noisy surrounding, "If she became the crown prince, then I will marry a dwarf man."

      Levy looked at them. Clearly, it was a group of gorgeous, well-mannered, noble young ladies from aristocratic families bullying her verbally in public.

*giggle* "There is no way a tiny person like her will marry my Sting-sama."

       Levy shot a glance at the girl who indirectly called her short. That girl was Estelle Flender, the youngest daughter of Flender whose father was the co-leader of the Royal Knight central division. She had a crush on Golden Prince Sting Eucliffe.

'Just wait, I'll deal with you later,' Levy thought, as she calmed herself down. She had only one weakness, and whoever mocked her weakness would face a pretty revenge. She wasn't a talented mage, but her schemes were one of the best.

       If this place wasn't a royal ballroom, she would punish them on the spot. Since her grandpa couldn't attend this party, she became the representative of her family. She shouldn't act recklessly.

• • • • •

Outside the ballroom

"Lucky, we're not accompanied by our fathers," Natsu growled.

"But they'll still attend the banquet," Gajeel sighed.

"Today is so troublesome," Natsu said helplessly.

'Golden Knights' was titled to them, and Knight-taking an oath ceremony was indeed as grand as the crown prince's crowning ceremony. "Young Talented Heroes".... for the fire dragon slayer and the iron dragon slayer, that title was exaggerating. They didn't know how Rogue felt, but for them, it was too suffocating.