Chapter 14 : A Flame Shining Brighter than Gold

March 20th, X524 (5:00 PM)
Summerhill Forest, Fairy Tail Kingdom

🎵While chasing my dreams
I got lost it seems
Within a forest deep in my heart
A mirror like spring
Reflecting clearly
A smile like a broken star
With every tear that fills my eyes
To gold and silver, they'll never compare
These ordinary tears of mine
I bet no god will hear my cry🎵

     It was Meredy's singing. The pinkette swung her legs slowly while sitting on a large tree in Summerhill forest. Her pink hair was tied into two loose side pigtails and her new outfit, which was a pink rabbit hoodie and light-coloured shorts, made her look more childish. She gently stroked a brown wild squirrel which was sleeping on her knee. Seemed like the sensory mage met her new friend on the tree.

🎵So I'll keep on chasing, chasing,
My dream and I'll soar,
Like no one's ever than before,
Then I'll keep chasing, chasing,
My dream til I'm sure,
It's burning through my soul,
A flame shining brighter than gold🎵

     Meredy smiled, as she looked downwards at Erza-san and Bisca-chan who were sitting on a blanket nearby. Erza-san seemed like she was lost in thought, and Bisca-chan was polishing one of her guns with a small piece of cloth. Since her grandmother left her in the care of Madam Irene, she was close with Scarlet clan's disciples although she wasn't a member. Bisca-chan, or Bisca Justine, the younger sister of Freed-san, was a senior student of the Scarlet Clan, and she was a year older than her. Bisca-chan's magic was guns magic, and she was one of the impressive snipers.

🎵I close my eyes to dream
And hear a voice faintly
Calling out to me again
But I'm standing alone
Much too far from home
I gaze into that lonely sky🎵

They weren't on a picnic by the way. They just finished defeating a weak dark guild, thus they were taking a rest now. Jellal-sama, Freed-san and Alzack-san were checking the surroundings just in case there were still a few enemies hiding in the woods. Fifty-five mages whom they had defeated were taken by the Summerhill guards.

Freed-san was Prince Laxus's right-handed man and Alzack Connell, Alzack-san, was Crown Prince's assistant. She wasn't close with Freed-san, but she was Alzack-san's main helper. He was 21 years old, and had short spiky black hair. He used Guns Magic, and most importantly, he had a crush on Bisca-chan. Meredy liked match-making her friends.

🎵I gotta leave and live my life
No more bitter poison and strife
A world of flowers growing high
Yeah that's the future that I'll find
Starting now I'm
Changing, Changing,
I swear that I'll soar🎵

     Everyone was dressing like commoners, which was different from their previous styles. The guys were wearing simple shirts and trousers, no one would know that they were the Crown Prince and the assistants of the two princes. Bisca-chan's outfit was a brown top and dark pants. Erza-san was more feminine with her purple knee-length sundress. They bought their new outfits before meeting the town's mayor. All of them hid their identities and claimed that they were sent by Lord Fulllbuster from the capital.

🎵Like no one's ever done before
The future's changing, changing,
My wish and yours
But soon we will behold
A light shining brighter than gold🎵

• • • • •

[Flashback]

      After she had delivered the herbs to Sir Wakaba, Meredy met Erza-san and the gang on the way back to her house. The group was waiting for her because they needed a healer or someone who could perform healing spells. She joined their mission, and the group left Magnolia immediately. They passed two villages and the farmlands, then they stayed at an inn in a village named Lightwood for a night. The next early morning, they continued their journey and reached Summerhill after six hours of travelling. They travelled in such a hurry because the royal wedding was in two days.