Chapter 38 : The Girl and the Blood Curse

May 14th, X524 (5 AM)
Crystal Health Institution, IceFlask City

"Finally, Angel's condition is getting better," Meredy said with a relieved sigh.

      Until now, the silver-haired young lady was in an unstable state. The stab wound was treated by the sensory maiden and the sky maiden immediately after the injury so it wasn't life-threatening. But, Angel being Angel, feeling guilty or ashamed of her past sins, broke the contact with her celestial spirits and gave the keys to the blonde princess. Not only that, she destroyed her celestial spirit magic by herself. This resulted in her body being burdened by her unbalanced magic power, which threatened her life again.

      After Meredy and IceFlask Town's healers suppressed Angel's extremely surging angel magic for hours, her magic power became stable. Meredy stayed in the infirmary the whole night to take care of Angel. After all, looking after Angel was a task given by Jellal-sama and Erza-chan.

• • • • •

8:50 AM
Mayor's Manor, IceFlask City

"Sir Fullbuster, three patrolling guards inform me that they found an unconscious young lady in a cave in the forest. I've sent her to the infirmary but. I'm afraid the healers can't heal her. She's still in coma, Sir," the Mayor of IceFlask City informed the black-haired ice mage who was about to leave the house.

"DeepTree Forest?" Gray asked in surprise, his eyebrows narrowed in slight confusion, for the reason why a girl appeared unconscious in the forest as the commoners were forbidden to go into the woods. He was sure that she wasn't an Oracion Sies member because they had captured all the dark guild members.

"I'll tell my friend to heal her so you can leave this matter to me," Gray replied, "I'm counting on your guards for patrolling the forest and this city. Thank you for your help, Mayor Logan."

"Pleasure is all ours, Sir," the mayor replied while giving a gesture of respect before he departed.

       Gray didn't waste time as he retreated his steps, canceling his plan to visit the city. His destination was the guest's room where his female comrades were staying. He tended to find Meredy whether she could heal that unconscious girl.

   The ice mage knocked on the door, and after a split second, the blue-haired girl came to open the door, "Gray-sama?"

"Juvia, is Meredy here?"

"No," Juvia replied, "Meredy-san stayed in the infirmary the whole night. May Juvia know why Gray-sama is asking?" She asked him with curiosity.

"There is a patient who needs a healer," He answered simply, "Guess I have to go straight to the infirmary building. Thanks, Juvia."

      Before Juvia could talk, an exciting chant of "Wait wait wait" echoed throughout the room. Within a mere minute, a young bluette wearing a blue plain midi dress, a cerulean-colored hat, with a blue scarf wrapped around her neck which covered her mouth and nose, rushed to stand beside the water maiden.

"Wendy-chan!!"

"I'll come with you guys.. please." She said as she looked at Gray with her sparkling eyes, "Gray-san, I want to go outside. I'm in disguise. Please let me tag along with you. With you and Juvia-chan, I'm sure I'll be safe."

      Not wanting to neglect the cute princess, Gray agreed. Three of them went to their destination.

• • • • •

9 AM
Crystal Health Institution, IceFlask City

"I told you, she doesn't possess any magic."

"What? Are you implying that it is our fault? Don't look down on us, solely because we don't have healing magic."