Chapter 51 : Attempt against Princess Consort

The small room which was previously echoed with mocks and laughter was now replaced by the screams of agony from the dying men. The room was in chaos; with the blood pooling around people on the floor. Surprisingly, Gemini-Lucy was no longer playful, indicating that the spirit won't leave the men alive. Lucy, Juvia, and Meredy could only stare at the twin spirit's dark expression. Karen was shaking uncontrollably at the corner of the room after she had witnessed the deaths of her underlings.

      Lucy glared at the girl whose appearance and hair color was the same as her. "Karen Lilica, a celestial spirit mage from an illegal merchant guild. Whatever, you're doomed now," she spoke calmly. Gemini and Leo, whose duties were now finished, returned to their celestial spirit world, leaving the girls alone.

"STOP," Karen shouted, as she gripped the chain of the golden keys, "Leave me or I'll break your keys," she murmured with panic. At first, she planned to use a black magic spell to force break the contact of the zodiac spirits with their current owner after she got the golden keys. This was the only way to own Lucelia's golden keys. As for that spoiled princess, the game was over when the city guards and the locals found out that she had slept together with other men. Who would have thought that their plan was ruined? In her time of dismay, Karen decided to show her trump card; to threaten Lucelia Eucliffe with the golden keys she retrieved earlier. On the contrary, a victorious smirk on the latter's face, making her uneasy.

"Do you think I'm stupid enough to fall for your trap?" Lucy questioned. Her right hand reached to a small key-pocket that was attached to her belt, "It isn't hard for me to make fake keys. Of course, you can't tell the difference since your celestial spirit magic is too weak to detect the real zodiac keys," she patted the key pocket.

"You-" Karen's shout was interrupted when everyone in the room heard several footsteps on the street. Karen, wondering why the guards arrived at the scene very fast, opened the door with her shaking hands to flee. However, what she faced later was a group of guards wearing the same uniforms. Two princes and the leaders of the city guards were standing in the front.

"Lax-kun," the blonde-haired girl who was at the entrance called the blond-haired prince's name, as she ran towards him and hugged him. She pointed in the direction of the house, "They... they want to kill me."

      The fellow guards immediately converted their eyes, not daring to look at the princess consort in a short dress. Commoners, who were watching from afar, started whispering this and that.

      Laxus shook the girl to the ground harshly, as he glared at her, "Drop your act." His reaction shocked the others.

"I guess we've already found the answer, haven't we? Her name is Karen Lilica, a celestial spirit mage," A melodious voice attracted the attention. They saw a blond girl wearing a white body-fitting blouse and a pair of black pants walking out of the room, followed by a blue-haired girl and a pink-haired girl. Everyone was utterly dumbfounded because there were two princess consorts.

"High-level transformation magic... that one can transform into someone's appearance. However, you're a celestial spirit mage. You can't use transformation magic at the same time. Which means, you're under a transformation spell cast by another person. Say... who ordered you to frame me?"

"Hahaha," the girl lying on the ground stood up slowly, facing Lucy, "Yes... I admit it. I did all of these. Do you want the reason? FINE... I HATE YOU. The world is not fair. I'm also a celestial spirit mage. You are borne with nobility, but why can't I? Why do you own many zodiac keys when I don't even have one? I envy you. I admit my wrongdoings, I have nothing to lose. But..." She looked at Laxus, "Do you know... in order to catch me, Lucelia Eucliffe let other men touch her and kiss her?"