Chapter 19 : Virgo, the maiden

April 17th, X524 (10 AM)
Government building, GoldBridge Town, Eastern Region in Fairy Tail Kingdom

"YOUR ROYAL HIGHNESS! What brings you to visit me personally?" A short, plump man with his black suit asked with delight, and his plastic smile. "It should be an honour to welcome you warmly." He was Everlue, the mayor of the town.

"The leader of the supplies escort group from Magnolia was attacked on the Gold Bridge, yet you didn't take action," Jellal shouted at him, "What're you doing?" Jellal, Hibiki and Eve were in the Goldbridge city hall to meet the town mayor.

     Hibiki was a slim 18-year-old guy of average height with spiky brownish blond hair. His outfit was Eve was a young man with blonde hair kept in wavy and slightly messy hairstyle, he was a year younger than Hibiki. They wore junior city guards uniform; two guys wore a white shirts and gray pants, over it was a black coat, since they recently joined the City Guards Beurea after they had passed their qualification tests.

"My responsibility is only for this town, not the fights outside the town, Your Highness," the man grinned, not caring the blue-haired young man's noble status.

"IT'S MY ORDER!!! Gather your men and search her."

"I'm afraid he can't follow your order, Your Highness," evil laughter belonged to a middle-aged man wearing a flamboyant coat, a plain shirt, and loose striped culottes paired with long socks. He was a tall and slim man with long, straight, dark red hair reaching down to his shoulders and a thin moustache. His name was Jose Porla, the second-in-command of Phantom Lord. "How can he obey you when he was our underling."

"Sir Jose!" Everlue greeted before paying his attention to the trio. "I hope you like my welcome gift, your highness." Jose Porla smirked, "Of course, they will."

• • • • •

       Meanwhile, Laxus and Lucy were in the city, disguising themselves as the siblings, of course, Lucy was holding her cat, Sparky. They planned to gather information about Phantom Lord without knowing that the city was already under the control of the dark guild. Sherry, Wendy and Carla were searching along the river since it was the least dangerous, yet the most suitable quest for the young slayer.

• • • • •

10:10 AM
Near Gold Bridge, outside the town

"I can't sense Erza-neechan," the young sky maiden sighed while sitting hopelessly on a big rock. "I guess Erza-san was saved by someone, Wendy-sama," the older girl replied. Sherry was 17-year-old, and her pink wavy hair was half-tied. The pink-haired city guard was wearing her battle suit, which was a white tight dress with blue rims. She was the girl who gave Princess Lucelia her spot when they were downtown.

"Who's there?" Sherry shouted, as soon as she spotted a swift motion behind them. She stood in front of Wendy, as she extended her hand, "Wood Doll." A pink magic cycle appeared in front of her, a tree by the riverbank turned into the scary tree puppet and attacked someone who was hiding behind it with the branches. The two girls saw a slim young man in a black shirt and trousers dodging backwards from the living tree's attack. He had dark spiky hair and dark skin.. he looked like a village boy.

       The guy jumped high into the air, as he made a large dome which was large enough to capture the tree, soon it became suffocated and collapsed due to lack of oxygen.

"I guess you two are from the capital," the young man said, "I'm Ren Akatsuki."

     Sherry narrowed her eyes as she looked at him suspiciously, "What do you want?"

"The red-haired lady who fell from the river... she is your friend, isn't she?"

      Hearing that, Wendy stepped forwards, "Do you know Erza-neechan? Where is she now?"