Chapter 36 : Unrequited Love

DeathValley Cave (entrance)

"Hey, let go of her!" Natsu shouted before running towards Laxus, his fists started igniting with flames. "Natsu, stop!" Happy caught Natsu's legs, but his attempt to stop the angry guy failed.

      Laxus retreated one step to dodge, before punching the fire dragon slayer hard. Natsu flew backward, and was hit by the tree behind him.

"May I remind you, this is none of your business," the lightning dragon slayer glared at the pink-haired guy who stood up immediately after he fell. "Excuse me, my wife needs some rest," he carried the unconscious girl in bridal style before summoning his lightning form to travel back to IceFlask city.

       Anger, sadness, guilt, and uneasiness took over Natsu Dragneel. He could only stand still like a frozen statue, staring at the empty sky where the lightning flash disappeared.

     Why was he angry when he saw her husband hug her?
     Why was he still sad for something he couldn't get?
     Why was he still grieved for the past that couldn't be changed?
     Why.. why this cruel fate let him watch her leave him again?

      Jellal and Erza... looked at each other, with knowing smiles crept on their lips after they had seen Laxus's action.
      Meredy... started chuckling with delight, fangirling for the blond couple.
     Carla and Sparky stared at three exceeds who were standing near their masters.

      Happy... looked at Natsu with teary eyes, "Natsu!" he called him heartbreakingly.
     Gajeel... looked at his best friend with sympathy.
      Levy... eyed at the fire dragon slayer suspiciously. Immediately after witnessing the whole situation, she realized something... she smirked.

     Juvia... glanced at her pink-haired friend and sighed slightly. A quick moment of her glance was noticed by a certain black-haired ice mage who then observed the sabertooth's gang reaction closely.

     Gray, Lyon, and Meredy looked at Natsu who was standing still without moving. They knew why... the reason was very obvious... because the pink-haired guy loved Princess Lucelia...

      The atmosphere was awfully silent for about thirty seconds. Knowing that she needed to break this quietness, Juvia looked at her seniors, "May Juvia ask why senior brothers come to Fairy Tail?"

"It's a long story," Rogue replied immediately, "How about we all go back to IceFlask?"

"Indeed better, we can talk comfortably there," Jellal said with a smile, "By the way, thanks for your help."

"The honor is all ours, Your Highness," Levy replied, slighting bowed at the blue-haired prince, "Not to mention Lucelia is my best friend." She emphasized the word 'best friend' by raising her voice a bit and looking at the iron dragon slayer and fire dragon slayer. She smiled.

      Although Natsu didn't pay attention to the bluenette, her smile made Gajeel irritated, "Why is she looking at me like that? Is she suspecting something?"

     Soon, the knights from IceFlask city, led by the city mayor, arrived to capture the defeated dark mages. Erza, Gray, and Lyon left behind to order the guards while the rest of the gang, including Sabertooth mages, went back to the city.

• • • • •

May 13th, X524 (4 PM)
Mayor's House, IceFlask city

      After hearing an explanation of how the ancient book was stolen and Lord McGarden was poisoned by Cobra from the Sabertooth gang, the Fairy Tail Crown Prince handed them the wanted book which he took from the cave before he left. Surprisingly, Cobra was willing to hand the antidote, apologizing to them for his sin.