Chapter 53 : Inquiry into the past

June 15th, X524 (9 AM)
City Guard building, Magnolia

"If you want to know about Angel, why don't you ask her directly?" The black-haired guy asked, with a confused look on his face. Despite that his hands were handicapped, he didn't show any uncomfortable signs as he sat on the chair calmly.

Sitting on the opposite side was a young lady with long golden hair wearing a purple dress. Beside her was a young lady with red hair tied into a high ponytail, wearing a white uniform.

"Angel lived her life thinking that I'm her enemy. I guess you knew it very well. I don't want her to be haunted by her painful past again."

The former Oracion Seis member suddenly frowned, while observing the blonde Princess in front of him. He just discovered something very strange and ridiculous. Why was the princess nicely talking to him? Although his father killed her mother, the Royal Princess of Sabertooth neither showed a look of hatred nor resentment. How could she keep her calm when she was sitting in the same room with the son of her enemy?

"Royal Mother never told me about my Sacred Celestial Clan," Lucy responded, knowing that she had to continue this plot in order to learn some beneficial information.

"So, you want me to tell you what I know, do you?" He smirked as if he could guess what the girl actually wanted.

"What is the relationship of my family and Angel's family?"

As soon as he heard her question, he frowned at her again. He thought that Princess would ask him about the dark guild that destroyed the Celestial village. It was what Angel had been asking the whole time, and it was the secret he never let Angel know before.

'It didn't seem to be the case,' he thought. Even if Princess Lucelia didn't ask him, he would tell her everything. "Angel's real name is Sorano Aguria," he answered, "Her mother, Hannah Aguria, is your mother's reliable friend. As you know, they died seventeen years ago when the Celestial Village was invaded by a powerful dark guild. Angel survived somehow because she escaped with other villagers before the place was completely conquered."

"Does Angel, perhaps, have a younger sister?"

The guy nodded, "Her younger sister also died together with her mother." He didn't ask further, thinking that Angel might have told Lucelia about the existence of her sister accidentally while she was in battle.

"Would it be possible for her to stay alive?" Lucy asked. However, what she received was a no from the black-haired guy.

He just stared at the blonde for a moment, before he answered, "Your mother and Angel's mother died at the shrine. How could a one-year-old baby escape from such tragedy by herself? By chance, if the baby was still alive, we would've traced her whereabouts because we've been searching for other celestial spirit mages."

"Trace her? How?" Erza asked immediately.

Macbeth looked at the blonde, with a look that she should explain it instead of him.

"Don't look at me, I've never spied on other celestial spirit mages before," Lucy answered with a frown.

"Spy?"

"Yes, Erza-san. Information like 'which celestial spirit mage owns which keys, shouldn't be leaked to other celestial spirit mages, to minimize the killings of each other. There are some celestial spirits, of an intellectual type, which know everything about the celestial spirit world, of course, except the owners of these rare keys. Oh, there are also some tricky illegal ways to obtain these tight information."

"We used all our connections to trace the celestial spirit mages," nevertheless, the guy cobtinued, as he was afraid of the wrath he would receive from a certain red-haired knight when he delayed his response too long.